User Support & Resources Account Problems | Questions | Suggestions

Need help, trying to upload video.

Search this Thread

Old 04-10-2006, 12:05 PM
10 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Need help, trying to upload video.

I edited a short race of me and my friend and wanted to upload it onto ls1 tech. Problem is, when I push the submit button to upload it, it says IFO. files are not allowed. Only mpeg...etc. Is there anyway to change it so it will upload.

Last edited by 273sunsetZ; 04-10-2006 at 12:11 PM.
Old 04-10-2006, 06:56 PM
ACW
TECH Veteran

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by 273sunsetZ
I edited a short race of me and my friend and wanted to upload it onto ls1 tech. Problem is, when I push the submit button to upload it, it says IFO. files are not allowed. Only mpeg...etc. Is there anyway to change it so it will upload.
Why in the world are you trying to upload an IFO file? If this is something off of a Video DVD, you need to rip the DVD to MPG first; you can't use the files straight off the DVD. And certainly not the IFO file, which doesn't contain any actual video.

http://www.afterdawn.com/glossary/terms/ifo.cfm
"While the main content of DVD-Video disc are the VOB files which contain the actual MPEG-2 audio, video and subtitle streams, the IFO files provide information for DVD player where DVD-Video disc's chapters start, where certain audio tracks are located, etc."
Old 04-10-2006, 09:17 PM
10 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

http://www.afterdawn.com/glossary/terms/ifo.cfm
"While the main content of DVD-Video disc are the VOB files which contain the actual MPEG-2 audio, video and subtitle streams, the IFO files provide information for DVD player where DVD-Video disc's chapters start, where certain audio tracks are located, etc."[/QUOTE]

Sorry man,,, I'm computer Illiterate.....

I have no clue what the diffrence between all the files are. I asked someone in the school library where I rented the camcorder what the problem was. He said I needed a FireWire. I just bought one, and I'm uploading it right now. But, thanks for your help...