User Support & Resources Account Problems | Questions | Suggestions

Question on rules of posting...

Search this Thread

Old 12-06-2002, 12:00 AM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Question on rules of posting...

I saw there was a 8.8 rear end thread locked because of nonsponsor advertisment. I also saw a thread a couple months back that I believe still exists about the Ford 8.8 rear ends made by a guy in Louisiana. That post was allowed to stay and go on. When someone mentioned another person that was going to produce the same product it got locked... Maybe I'm just not familiar with the situation...

Jason
Old 12-06-2002, 10:29 AM
LS1Tech Co-Founder

Received 45 Likes on 19 Posts

Default Re: Question on rules of posting...

You are free to discuss any products or shops, etc..

-BUT-

We do not allow prices, sale info, contact info to be posted by non-sponsoring vendors.

Our rates here are very inexpensive.

-Tony
Old 12-06-2002, 03:11 PM
On The Tree

Alright, I understand what you are saying.. but you can discuss the shop, so therefore the name is brought up but you can't list a number for a product that no sponsor sells, or even appears interested in selling? I think the 8.8 post is a benefit for everyone on here that doesn't want to or can't fork out 2500 bucks for a rear end. It just doesn't seem like a competitive item, it seems to me like help for everyone on the board...
Old 12-06-2002, 03:12 PM
On The Tree

Alright, I understand what you are saying.. but you can discuss the shop, so therefore the name is brought up but you can't list a number for a product that no sponsor sells, or even appears interested in selling? I think the 8.8 post is a benefit for everyone on here that doesn't want to or can't fork out 2500 bucks for a rear end. It just doesn't seem like a competitive item, it seems to me like help for everyone on the board...
Old 12-06-2002, 03:26 PM
LS1Tech Co-Founder

Received 45 Likes on 19 Posts

I'm not so worried about it being a "competitive" item, but we are pretty strict about not letting non-sponsors sell stuff on the site.

How is an 8.8 rear not competitive? A sale on that is one less sale of a 12-bolt from a sponsor, or a few less sales on 10" rear upgrade components.

We are all about helping everyone here, just please don't sell items without being a sponsor or without Administrator approval.

-Tony

Quick Reply: Question on rules of posting...