User Support & Resources Account Problems | Questions | Suggestions

Suggestion: Problems with thread Hijackers!

Old 02-11-2007, 11:12 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Suggestion: Problems with thread Hijackers!

I have been a member here for a few years and have noticed that there are certain parties who continually hijack threads in the multimedia exchange...in other car enthusiast sites that I frequent we have the ability to block the posts of offending parties from our screens. The hijackers could still post and be a nuisance if they desire but any users who wish to be saved from the childish antics could block all posts from the offending party. Is this even possible on LS1 or does anybody else think this might help improve the site?
Old 02-11-2007, 11:20 PM
Tech Resident

Can you post a link to one of the threads that got "hijacked"?
Old 02-11-2007, 11:45 PM
Tech Resident

Ok, I just went and read the Z06 vs Porsche thread that I'm sure is the one you're referencing... and quite frankly, you need to grow a pair.

People have opinions, speak yours and let them speak theirs... don't bitch and wine cause they don't agree with you, be the bigger man and actually act like one.
Old 02-12-2007, 03:29 PM
TECH Senior Member

First off, if you don't want to deal with other people's opinions(or bullshit posts, however you want to look at them), then don't jump into a "vs" thread. They're all bullshit threads, I've not seen one yet that hasn't gone downhill. Everyone has their favorites, and they will argue about them until they die. You know the saying, about if you can't take the heat.....

Secondly, yes, if you look in the UserCP, there is an ignore feature. If you put that user in the ignore list, you will never see their posts.
Old 02-12-2007, 10:52 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by WhiteKnightZ28
Ok, I just went and read the Z06 vs Porsche thread that I'm sure is the one you're referencing... and quite frankly, you need to grow a pair.

People have opinions, speak yours and let them speak theirs... don't bitch and wine cause they don't agree with you, be the bigger man and actually act like one.
Why all the ****** hostility...none of that nonsense in that post bothers me personally one bit or is worth my time to argue about. I was simply making a suggestion to make a site that I love better. The block that I was referring still lets everyone wave their dicks in the air, but it lets people like myself have the option of blocking posts from morons in an attempt to sort through the useless bs. Thanks for you kind insightful input.
Old 02-12-2007, 10:55 PM
TECH Senior Member

we're done here.....

the answer you are looking for is in my first post.
Old 02-13-2007, 02:53 AM
((((((Administrator))))))

IATL lol

Search this Thread