User Support & Resources Account Problems | Questions | Suggestions

For What It's Worth

Search this Thread

Old 05-05-2003, 03:19 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default For What It's Worth

For what it's worth, here are some suggestions, that would probably make things easier for your site visitors. First, make the login name and the username the same. Second, let the visitor create their own password. Nobody's gonna' be able to remember a password like this "eee##...3476-9". Not to mention the fact that it's also case sensitive. I can understand security, but for a forum on a common interest this stuff is a tad ridiculous. In my predicament, I always relied on my cookie to automatically log me in. When I didn't have that cookie, guess what? I had problems logging in, because the login name was not the same as my username, and the ridiculous password system that the computer created for me is not something that is easy to keep up with or remember. It just seems to me that there needs to be some refining here for simplicitys' sake. By the way, how long is a temporary password valid? I never wrote down the original password, but just had the computer do it for me. Is there any way I could get a moderator to email me my original password? I do like the new site, it has alot more features, than the other. Thanks.
Old 05-05-2003, 05:14 PM
Adkoonerstrator

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Re: For What It's Worth

The next time you get a temporary password login with it and go to your "My Home" area. Then click on the edit button across from "Personal information, email, password, etc." You will see the boxes where you can change your password. Change it to whatever you want, scroll down and hit "Submit"

Your password should be changed. Logout from the site and then log back in with the new password. Don't logout when you leave just close the window. When you come back you should be logged in. It might look like you aren't but, if you click on the "Main Index" button at the top you will automatically be logged in. This is what I had to do when the new software was first installed.

If you want to make it even easier you can login and then add the main page to your favorites list. The url will not be just www.ls1tech.com but, will look something like this. "https://ls1tech.com/threads/ubbthreads.php?Cat=". When you use this link from your favorites list you will automatically be logged in without any hassle. This is what I do now and it works great.

If it doesn't work maybe something is wrong with the cookie currently on your computer. Clear it out and visit the site again to update it.

Try that stuff and see if it helps.

John

Quick Reply: For What It's Worth