User Support & Resources Account Problems | Questions | Suggestions

Let's Do a Periodic "Member Profile"

Search this Thread

Old 08-30-2007, 12:25 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Let's Do a Periodic "Member Profile"

I have a few ideas...

How 'bout a periodic "member profile"? Every week, month or whatever we could profile a member in a new section and tell a little about his or her ride and lifestyle. Kinda like a "member of the week". Examples could be where and when did you buy your ride?, or what do you do for a living? What mods have you done, and what are your plans? Where do you live, and why? I think it would give a more human side to LS1 Tech, and would be a good read. We could start with Nineball and let the Moderators take it from there. I know we already have a showcase for LS1 staff rides, but a periodic member profile would help us get to know some of the other members cars and how they got to where they are. I don't have all of the details worked out to make it fair, but a periodic "Member profile" would be pretty cool. Other points could be "what makes you a car nut", or "how did you learn what you know about cars". Membership has its privileges. Just a thought-tell me why I am right or wrong and we can discuss!
Old 08-30-2007, 12:34 AM
TECH Addict

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Ok......you start
Old 08-30-2007, 03:38 AM
TECH Veteran

Racers Lounge material.
Old 08-30-2007, 12:27 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by GEARHED
Racers Lounge material.
Maybe - you could put it wherever you want. I just think it would be cool to learn more about some of the members. I guess the trick would be picking out the members to spotlight. I think the profile should be kept mostly car related - I doubt that anyone cares if JohnnyC enjoys puppies and long walks on the beach. It's just something that I have been kicking around in my head-just wanted to see what kind of responses that I would get.

Last edited by JohnnyC; 08-30-2007 at 12:53 PM.
Old 08-30-2007, 01:28 PM
LS1Tech Co-Founder

Received 45 Likes on 19 Posts

The new member introduction forum would be perfect for that. But, you will find that most people prefer not to share too much personal info.
Old 08-30-2007, 01:38 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by Nine Ball
But, you will find that most people prefer not to share too much personal info.
You are probably right, which is why it would have to be mainly car related. Any personal info. would be general stuff (where are you from, what other cars have you owned, what do you do for a living, ect. ). I must say that people over on SSU are not always shy about posting personal info. There is everything from dating, religion, and even posting pics of girlfriends. I think that you would probably get enough general info from people in a member showcase to keep it interesting and informative.
Old 08-30-2007, 04:29 PM
On The Tree

Isnt that why we have SSU? LS1"tech" is just that, a badass site for LS related asking/giving info/finding info/selling stuff/buying stuff/part reviews site. People come here to be serious and go to SSU to "lounge". The same people that are on Tech are on SSU too so you if you were really interested in "seeing the people behind the scenes" go there and ask questions or bring this topic up. I for one like SSU for its lounge material and DONT want tech cluttered with questions like "whats your favorite color car" or "who likes long walks on the beach?". Tech is for asking questions like "is the free mods worth it?" and whats the best lid and exhaust?" and my all time favorite "how do i beat a (insert car)" while your idea is good leave stuff like that for SSU please.
Old 08-30-2007, 11:45 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by Rameon01
Isnt that why we have SSU? LS1"tech" is just that, a badass site for LS related asking/giving info/finding info/selling stuff/buying stuff/part reviews site. People come here to be serious and go to SSU to "lounge". The same people that are on Tech are on SSU too so you if you were really interested in "seeing the people behind the scenes" go there and ask questions or bring this topic up. I for one like SSU for its lounge material and DONT want tech cluttered with questions like "whats your favorite color car" or "who likes long walks on the beach?". Tech is for asking questions like "is the free mods worth it?" and whats the best lid and exhaust?" and my all time favorite "how do i beat a (insert car)" while your idea is good leave stuff like that for SSU please.
I agree, as my idea would be strictly car related. It could be a "ride of the month" or "members ride of the week". I am not suggesting a collection of members hobbies and personal bios...
Old 08-31-2007, 01:42 AM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by JohnnyC
I agree, as my idea would be strictly car related. It could be a "ride of the month" or "members ride of the week". I am not suggesting a collection of members hobbies and personal bios...
That would be cool then, id go for something like that. Have people "submit" their car(s) and once a week randomly choose 1 to be in the spotlight. Just randomly picking one wouldn't work because of the HUGE number of people on the site only a small amount actually have a car that sets them apart and are on the sight enough to showcase it. I mean who hasnt seen a black TA with TT2's . but i like where your going with it
Old 08-31-2007, 04:04 AM
TECH Resident

lol where do i start.
Old 08-31-2007, 04:19 AM
TECH Veteran

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

We have a ride of the month already...it's called pic of the month. Same deal really.

good idea, but with the sheer amount of members here, I don't see the idea comming to fruition.
Old 08-31-2007, 02:06 PM
Kleeborp the Moderator™

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I think that's what FQuick.com is for...you'll find many members have profiles over there, much like I do.
Old 08-31-2007, 02:44 PM
TECH Veteran

To some extent we had a thread like that in appearance & deatiling but the bandwidth was exorbant. If people could figure out posting one or two pictures of a specific size (say 650x300 just an example) then it might be a possibility again.

The other problem were photo's of females not dressed appropriate for ws viewing. It has to be just of the car and not the babe of the week in the picture too.
Old 08-31-2007, 05:31 PM
12 Second Club

ud have to do a new person everyday otherwise u wouldnt get through everybody for like the next 47 years lol. i am totally down for random chicks possing on cars! +1 for that! lol

Quick Reply: Let's Do a Periodic "Member Profile"