User Support & Resources Account Problems | Questions | Suggestions

Potential Resolution With the Feedback System

Search this Thread

Old 09-17-2008, 10:45 AM
OWN3D BY MY PROF!

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Default Potential Resolution With the Feedback System

Since the feedback system was reinstated after the last rounds of upgrades I've been having some problems with receiving feedback from people. This isn't a fault of the operating system, but rather an user error that I believe is propogated by an innacurate message.

When you send someone feedback they receive a PM. The PM says:
Originally Posted by Feedback PM
You have received a new rating or comment from crazyhorses.

Details about this transaction can be found on this page.

Note: This is an automated message.
That PM has a link in it. Example: https://ls1tech.com/forums/itrader_d...=56246&u=59206

The problem I'm having and I'm sure others are also is that people are following that link and believing in order to leave feedback they only have to hit reply on that page and it's done. That's not the case though. Instead you have to go to the person's user profile and click on submit feedback for ___________ . Example: https://ls1tech.com/forums/itrader.php?u=59206

Could we please have the PM that is sent to users to notify them that they've received feedback be replaced by the old one that instead sent them to the user's profile. Where it has submit feedback in bold letters. I've tried to handle this myself sending people PMs requesting that they fix this, but haven't had any actually fix it. It's becoming rather frustrating. If this could be addressed it would be greatly appreciated.
Old 09-17-2008, 10:49 AM
TECH Veteran

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Beaflag VonRathburg
Since the feedback system was reinstated after the last rounds of upgrades I've been having some problems with receiving feedback from people. This isn't a fault of the operating system, but rather an user error that I believe is propogated by an innacurate message.

When you send someone feedback they receive a PM. The PM says:

That PM has a link in it. Example: https://ls1tech.com/forums/itrader_d...=56246&u=59206

The problem I'm having and I'm sure others are also is that people are following that link and believing in order to leave feedback they only have to hit reply on that page and it's done. That's not the case though. Instead you have to go to the person's user profile and click on submit feedback for ___________ . Example: https://ls1tech.com/forums/itrader.php?u=59206

Could we please have the PM that is sent to users to notify them that they've received feedback be replaced by the old one that instead sent them to the user's profile. Where it has submit feedback in bold letters. I've tried to handle this myself sending people PMs requesting that they fix this, but haven't had any actually fix it. It's becoming rather frustrating. If this could be addressed it would be greatly appreciated.
This should be an easy fix. I am running the trader system on my board. I can figure out how to fix it and post in here for the admins to evaluate, hopefully making it easy enough for them to want to fix it.

EDIT: Hmm, I don't really see anything to change that message. I don't have any more time to poke around, but I'm sure it's there somewhere.

Last edited by phantomzer0; 09-17-2008 at 10:56 AM.
Old 09-17-2008, 11:14 AM
Rehab is for quitters...

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I have received a few PM's in the last couple months, from other members asking about this very thing.

The automatic PM states "a new rating or comment" but it seems some are missing that last part. They reply and think they are submitting return feedback, when actually all they are doing is replying to the comment.

There are hundreds of people that use the current system correctly every day, it is just a handful that are having some trouble. I am sure we could clarify it more with a more detailed auto PM, but IMO it really states everything you need to know already. The rest is up to the user to read what it actually says and make sure they are responding correctly with either return feedback or simply a comment.

Just my opinion.
Old 09-17-2008, 11:39 AM
OWN3D BY MY PROF!

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by phantomzer0
This should be an easy fix. I am running the trader system on my board. I can figure out how to fix it and post in here for the admins to evaluate, hopefully making it easy enough for them to want to fix it.

EDIT: Hmm, I don't really see anything to change that message. I don't have any more time to poke around, but I'm sure it's there somewhere.
I'm going to check into it on my site also. We run vBulletin 3.5.8, but I don't know how that differs if at all to the one run by this site. I think a simple redirect would be the easiest fix. Just have the click link in the automated PM be a link to the persons user profile. What would be even better is if it automaticall linked to the submit feedback page for that person.

Originally Posted by XtinctZ28
I have received a few PM's in the last couple months, from other members asking about this very thing.

The automatic PM states "a new rating or comment" but it seems some are missing that last part. They reply and think they are submitting return feedback, when actually all they are doing is replying to the comment.

There are hundreds of people that use the current system correctly every day, it is just a handful that are having some trouble. I am sure we could clarify it more with a more detailed auto PM, but IMO it really states everything you need to know already. The rest is up to the user to read what it actually says and make sure they are responding correctly with either return feedback or simply a comment.

Just my opinion.
I think the PM is clear. I just think that the link is innacurate. Especially, since if they reply to the comment it sends out a Feedback PM. I think newer or members who never used the trader system before it was changed are the ones having problems.

I believe it's also a courtesy thing. If someone sends you feedback and everything went well in the transaction you should in turn return the compliment.

Quick Reply: Potential Resolution With the Feedback System