Notices
Vehicle Classifieds This an archive of the older vehicle classifieds, please create a new listing in our Marketplace.
Cars Search
Keyword:

Year:
(Range)

Make:

Model:

Price:

Mileage:

Private or Dealer Listing:

Location (State):

Color:

Transmission:

Drivetrain:

LS Engine?:

Parts Search
Keyword:

Category:

Price:

Part Fits:

Location (State):

Item Condition:

Engine:

LS Engine?:

1972 Nova

Search this Thread

Old 03-17-2012, 01:37 PM
TECH Apprentice

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Default 1972 Nova

Year: 1972
Make: Chevrolet
Model: Nova
Price: $16000
Mileage: 84000
Private or Dealer Listing: Private Listing
Location (State): FL
Color: Gold
Transmission: Automatic
Drivetrain: Rear Wheel Drive
LS Engine?: Car has other engine

I am selling my 1972 Chevrolet Nova for $16000.00. I have owned the car for about a year/4K miles. The gentleman I bought the car from said I am the third owner. He bought it from an Estate sale when the original owner passed away. It was original at that time. Car has approx 84,000 miles. The car was originally a 307/350/10 bolt car with factory ac. I have most of the original AC parts including the inner and outer evaporator case, blower motor, compressor with brackets, manifold hose, POA valve etc. It is missing the condenser and I believe the line from the condenser to evaporator. He converted it to factory heat which works.

It has the original spare tire, jack, tire iron and instructions in the trunk.

Most of the work was done by the previous owner to drive to the local park & puke car shows. It was never down the track until I bought it.

I have one receipt from Automotive Engineering for $5300. It doesn't include the heads, valvetrain, intake etc. There is A LOT of money put into this car.

NO RUST WHAT-SO-EVER

LONGBLOCK :

Seasoned 4 bolt main 350
Eagle 383 rotating assembley -- I have the receipt from Automotive Engineering
Aluminum Dart Pro 1 215CC heads
Moroso 7QT oil pan
Aftermarket balancer -- I forget the brand

INDUCTION :

Holley HP750 -- the carb in the pic is a buddies I used while rebuilding mine -- new floats, blue re-useable gaskets, etc.
Edelbrock Performer RPM intake
K&N air filter/lid filter

VALVETRAIN :

Comp Cams street solid roller -- I have the cam card at home
Comp Cams valve springs
Comp Cams roller lifters
Comp Cams pushrods
Comp Cams stainless steel rockers

DRIVETRAIN :

Manual valve body TH350
B&M Prostick/quarter stick
Aftermarket cooler -- unknown brand
I do not know what type of converter is in it. I appears to be a 9 or 10 inch. If I flash it in 3rd gear at a low RPM it goes to approx 4K.
Aftermarket 3 inch drive shaft
Ford 9inch rear end -- gear is approx a 3.73-3.90. It has a limited slip rear end. It is definitely not a spool and does not make noise so I assume it is not a Detroit Locker.

SUSPENSION :

Stock springs to my knowledge. I cut 1 ½ coil off of the front to lower it. It wouldn't be a bad idea to go to an aftermarket lowering spring to bring the front up a touch -- it is on its nuts. An alignment to correct the camber at the same time is necessary.

Shocks are Compition Engineering front and rear
Compition traction device in the rear -- not sure of the real name
Rear shocks are moved to a horizontal bar in the rear
Inner wheel tubs have been slightly moved in at the top to fit a 275/60/15 Drag Radial
Weld in through the floor subframe connectors
Front sway bar -- car rides/steers great.

EXHAUST :

Hooker supercomp coated headers. 1 7/8 primarys -- 3 inch collectors.

I took of the 2 ½ inch exhaust and installed:
PYPES stainless steel 3 inch Xpipe
FLOWMASTER 3 inch American Thunder mufflers
FLOWMASTER scavenger turndowns
The car sounds great.

PAINT :

It was repainted a few years back. I do not know by who but the work speaks for itself. It was no cheap Maaco or chain shop.
Fiberglass cowl hood
The molding on the left front fender is wrong. I have a new one in a box that I never cared to install.

INTERIOR :

Original except for GTO front bucket seats. I do not know if the 'rubber carpet' is original.
All lights in the dash and dome light work -- at times one of the directionals does not turn off by itself after a turn.
Speedo works

WHEELS :

Weld superlites
15 by 3 ½ with new front tires
15 by 8 with new Mickey Thompson ET Drag Radials 275/60/15

FUEL SYSTEM :
When I bought it it had a high volume mechanical fuel pump with 3/8 aluminum lines. At WOT the fuel pressure would go down to 3 psi.

ROBB ½ inch fuel pump pickup with sending unit -- gauge works.
½ steel braided line
Holley Billet HP150 fuel pump with regulator
Holley Billet fuel filters.

IGNITION:

MSD billet distributor
MSD wires
MSD cap and rotor -- brand new
MSD 6AL
MSD timing retard for the nitrous.

AM Radio works -- reception is horrible and some ******* stole my volume **** last time at the track.

The car also has march billet aluminum pullies, aluminum waterpump and radiator (not sure of the brand of either), poly motor and trans mount.

When I first bought the car it ran 8.0s in the 1/8 mile. After locking the timing at 36 degrees and jetting the carb the best it ran was 7.48. Since I upgraded the fuel system the car slowed about a tenth or two. I need to lower the jetting to compensate for the added fuel volume.

The nitrous kit is not mine and is not going with the car. I have made about 10 bottle passes and 20 or so motor passes with the car. I mostly use it for going to the beach or to play volleyball.

Any questions call Rich at 727-224-1342
I have a TON of pictures on Photobucket.
User name is 1972novaforsale password is 696969
http://s1269.photobucket.com/albums/...72novaforsale/
Attached Thumbnails 1972 Nova-sigpic.jpg  

Quick Reply: 1972 Nova