Custom Minichopper/Motorcycle For Sale (Watch Videos!!)

Search this Thread

Old 08-09-2008, 03:56 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Default Custom Minichopper/Motorcycle For Sale (Watch Videos!!)

I built this custom minichopper from scratch in my shop a few years ago...

It's powered by a brand new Tecumseh 9HP engine that has both pull start and electric start as well as a charging stator circuit...

It has a custom automatic 2-speed transmission that I designed and built myself...

With the exception of the engine and Harley Sportster tank, everything was completely handbuilt...

A custom Carlisle rear brake caliper and combination sprocket/rotor ("sprotor") brings it to a halt with either a Ninja star foot pedal or a chain driven jockey shift/brake with a knife handle for a handgrip...

There's also a hidden slide-out kickstand that's built into the foot rest for a functional, yet stealth appearance...

Now, although I consider her a "minichopper", she's not really mini at all...

In fact, she's actually about 6 inches longer than a full sized cruiser...

Starts right up every time and will idle all day long without issue, however, she sat in storage for a while and because of this, the frame started to rust...

Rather than cleaning her up, I decided to leave her that way cause I think the rusty look gives her character...

Anyways, she needs a few more tidbits to be complete...

1) The lights need to be wired up (I had planned on stealth wiring within the frame tubes, but never got around to it)

2) The starter motor requires a battery (I never got around to adding it, but it's not required to run since it also has a pull start)

3) She needs a seat (I hadn't decided on a permanent seat pan design, so I just taped a piece of sheet metal and sponge pad to the seat frame)

I used to ride her all around town, but I must admit, as cool as she looks, the ride gets uncomfortable after 20 minutes or so (that's what I get for building a long base rigid cycle)

Here are a couple of videos of her hitting the streets:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3e-FIEGsxSk

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s1VqqoZieAk

If you would like more info or a complete album full of build pix from start to finish, just shoot me an email at rickantonio@att.net

Located in South Orlando (just a few miles from Sea World)

Asking $750 OBO

On a sidenote, the reason I'm selling is so I can move on with my next bike project:

***I also have a Lifted 2000 Yamaha G16E, a two seater Carter Brothers Go-Kart and a 2007 ATV/Quad for sale***
Old 08-10-2008, 08:25 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

this is awesome

Quick Reply: Custom Minichopper/Motorcycle For Sale (Watch Videos!!)