Western Members CA, AZ, NV, UT, CO, NM, HI

My Corvette Road Trip

Search this Thread

Old 01-21-2010, 06:54 PM
10 Second Club

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts

Default My Corvette Road Trip

Hey guys. Im currently planning my first real road trip in the vette for this coming Presidents Day weekend. Im looking at driving up the coast to the Central CA Coast area and would like to end up in Monterey Bay. I know its not too far but I wanna stop along the way and enjoy small towns Ive never been to instead of driving 6-8hrs non-stop. I was thinking of making my first stop at Shell Beach right next to San Luis Obispo, then head to Big Sur before getting to Monterey/Carmel. Im thinking of taking Hwy 1 for this first leg and the 101 or 5 to head back. I would leave Friday and come back Sunday so I can rest up Monday before work but Im still considering coming back Monday. Anyone here go up there before or have any suggestions on where to stop, eat or stay? Thnx.

BTW, if anyone wants to join in, youre welcomed to.
Old 01-21-2010, 07:09 PM
TECH Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

just be careful driving fast through small towns...they make most of their revenue by giving driving citations.
Old 01-21-2010, 11:19 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Eat at the Hogsbreath restaurant -owned by clint eastwood

http://www.hogsbreathinn.net/
Old 01-22-2010, 02:33 AM
TECH Fanatic

oh and the rain, be careful
Old 01-22-2010, 03:41 AM
TECH Veteran

i drove up to atascadero to get my car, you can stop at buellton for pea soup , pismo beach, morro bay, atascadero is a nice town too.
Old 01-22-2010, 09:03 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

The split pea soup at Andersons in Buellton is amazing. ummm check out Hearst Castle it should be up that way towards Monterey, awesome looking castle. Hearst was an old newspaper owner not a death mobile guy lol.

When you get to Monterey I would say check out cannery row, if you want and it sounds cool, hit up Paso Robles for some wine tasting I went once and it was some good stuff, Justin Wineries is a great place to start.
Old 01-22-2010, 09:23 AM
10 Second Club

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts

Thanks guys. I deffinately wanna check out Hearst Castle. Im hoping it wont rain up there in Febuary. Also Ive always wanted to go to the Concours De' Elegance in Pebble Beach so now I'll know how to get there and where to stay if I go. Ive been on the 101 near there and you can really haul *** so Im looking forward to it.