Western Members CA, AZ, NV, UT, CO, NM, HI

Build help!

Search this Thread

Old 02-09-2010, 07:06 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Build help!

So I was planning on putting some mud length headers, hi flo cats, w ls6 cam, pushrods, springs, & an ls6 intake. However I got a great deal on a vortech supercharger setup that I could resist. Should I still install the cam and spring and intake in conjunction with the supercharger? Or should I just install the supercharger? I'm looking for around 420 go to the wheels.

Any advice is appreciated!
Old 02-09-2010, 07:55 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 26 Likes on 24 Posts

Originally Posted by braveplayer3160
So I was planning on putting some mud length headers, hi flo cats, w ls6 cam, pushrods, springs, & an ls6 intake. However I got a great deal on a vortech supercharger setup that I could resist. Should I still install the cam and spring and intake in conjunction with the supercharger? Or should I just install the supercharger? I'm looking for around 420 go to the wheels.

Any advice is appreciated!
Absolutely install the cam and intake with the supercharger. The LS6 intake flows much more than the LS1 intake and the LS6 cam is a great budget boost cam. I would get some better springs and some hardened pushrods though. I would also ditch the idea of mid length headers and go with some long tube headers and no cats. With all that you could sneeze out 420rwhp...
Old 02-10-2010, 12:35 AM
TECH Senior Member

Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts
Smile

So how long is mud.....?

Quick Reply: Build help!