Western Members CA, AZ, NV, UT, CO, NM, HI

No front plate????

Search this Thread

Old 03-31-2010, 12:03 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Datzneat
When I lived in CA I would get a ticket about every other week. Just got them all signed off by a hookup.
do you still have to pay anything when they sign them off?

Originally Posted by uLs1a
8 years ago I pulled mine off my car and the day after I took it off I got a fix-it ticket, never had a problem since
that made me laugh.
Old 04-01-2010, 02:52 AM
TECH Resident

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by ReFtheMC
I always get tickets for having no front plate, can't get away with it around the San Fernando valley in my car...
Damn I live and drive just in the valley I mean IDK if it's really worth all the hassle. So can ANY cop sign it???
Old 04-01-2010, 06:53 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Since I put on the SLP grill back in '02, I've never had the front plate on. I was cited once while driving downtown one night and the cops were pulling cars over for allegedly cruising. They were pulling over Corvettes, Porches, you know, cars that typically done even come with a front plate mounted. Since then I have never driven downtown at night. And u know what, I've never been cited since!
Old 04-01-2010, 07:33 AM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I also have the slp grille and dont have the plate on the front. Mostly because it looks awful. I have only gotten a warning
Old 04-01-2010, 12:19 PM
On The Tree

The only time I got a no-front-plate ticket was when I got pulled over for my tinted windows. Bolted the plate to my grill, removed the tint, got it all signed off and removed the plate after I paid the ticket. Left the tint off and never had a problem since. I believe the front plate thing is a secondary offence.
Old 04-08-2010, 02:24 PM
TECH Apprentice

Just carry a couple zip ties and if you get pulled over zip tie the plate on.
Old 04-08-2010, 02:52 PM
TECH Fanatic

On my 98' Z(no grill) I got two but currently my 01' SS none(it has a grill). It's good having family in law enforcement. lol
Old 04-08-2010, 02:53 PM
10 Second Club

Originally Posted by EkS
When you get a fix it ticket for a plate, can any police department sign off on it?
Originally Posted by 01SuperSport
Damn I live and drive just in the valley I mean IDK if it's really worth all the hassle. So can ANY cop sign it???
Yes ANY California police officer, deputy sheriff, or CHP officer can sign them off anywhere in the state. You can get a fix-it in San Diego and get it signed off in San Francisco. Although it will go through the San Diego courts for the processing fee, etc (which can usually be mailed in, but check with the locals first). Some jurisdictions have extra steps on some fix-its that require getting it signed off by a judge, E.G. proof of insurance fix-its in San Francisco County.
Old 04-08-2010, 03:28 PM
TECH Enthusiast

8 years no front plate. No ticket. pulled over twice for speeding and let off w/out any citations. Clean cut white guy older than the typical boy racer crowd. Helps when you're older than the cop.

Agree w/above: don't put plate in windshield, not only does it look like trash, it brings attention to the fact your car is not in compliance with CA vehicle code.
Old 04-08-2010, 06:46 PM
TECH Addict

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Got a fix it ticket once time, when parked in a parking garage. havent since. have had 3 f-bodies over the past 8 years.
Old 04-10-2010, 05:25 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 13 Likes on 8 Posts

LA parking enforcement can and will slap on an additional $25 to your parking violation for no front plate. My parking violation went from $50 to $75 because of it.
Makes me regret giving up my firefighters plate for a personal plate.
Old 04-10-2010, 05:36 PM
TECH Fanatic

I have a front plate... I placed mine on my air dam. Meets all state regulations and code AS WRITTEN and I don't have to worrry about it... if I did my uncle works for the Sherrifs dept. so I could get a write-off easily . I get inspected when entering bases every day and once in a while there is increased security, sometimes police are there as well. They alll compliment me on my creative interpretation of the law as it meets the law
Old 04-10-2010, 06:00 PM
TECH Regular

Been driving with IL plates in SoCal for about 2 years (maybe a year and a half) without one, and never had a ticket. I do about 15K miles per year.
Old 04-10-2010, 06:13 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by gm02ceta
LA parking enforcement can and will slap on an additional $25 to your parking violation for no front plate. My parking violation went from $50 to $75 because of it.
Makes me regret giving up my firefighters plate for a personal plate.
That's what happened to me. The ONLY time I've been cited for no front plate in 4 years was when I got a parking ticket, AND a no front plate violation added to it.
Old 04-11-2010, 12:53 AM
TECH Resident

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I've had 2 fix-it tickets for no plate, but interestingly enough, once i put on the RKSports carbon fiber grill and had it clearcoated and put the factory SS badge on it I haven't been cited for no license plate since, I think I had that grill for about 4-5 years now.

Quick Reply: No front plate????