Western Members CA, AZ, NV, UT, CO, NM, HI

Stereo tickets?

Search this Thread

Old 05-27-2010, 07:13 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Stereo tickets?

Just got another one today :/ seem to get one every 4, 5 months or so haha. Anyone else have an unusually high number of stereo tickets? I think I've done pretty good as far as tickets go for my age and the car I drive lol. Just turned 20, had the car for about three years and have 10 or 11 tickets to date. No speeding, exhibition of speed, or any moving violations, just all bs tickets.

5 stereo, 2 window tint, 2 exhaust, and 1 no plate. The 11th was for driving past my curfew with friends after I first got my license. This isn't really a f*ck the cops thread, I know what I do and have done to the car is just asking for tickets, so I've come to accept the fact. But after this 5th stereo ticket at $250-275 a pop, that's a good chunk towards the rear I want so I'm thinking of ripping the system out so I'm not even tempted.

So, anyone else like me and get all the small minor tickets, or does everyone here play with the big boys and get the expensive moving violtions?

-Brandon.
Old 05-28-2010, 01:18 AM
Teching In

I lived in & around Modesto from 1983 till 2005. I have always had attention getting vehicles, and have been pulled over 7 times over those years. I have gotten 2 no front plate tickets, and a lot of warnings about the volume of my stereo. They have been really focused on the front plate issue ever since they added the cameras to the intersections.
Old 05-28-2010, 03:38 AM
TECH Senior Member

Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts

By now you should be really good at scanning the area while driving.
Try getting in the habit of turning it down at intersections, and/or putting the windows up when you want to bump it hard.
Yeah I know it's easier said then done, but throwing money away sucks a lot more!
Old 05-28-2010, 04:29 AM
TECH Junkie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I got a stereo ticket once... but yea, multiple tickets at a young age seems to be the norm for some

I had 18 by the time I was 19!!!

I'm now 27 and haven't gotten a ticket since I was about 24... knock on wood...
Old 05-28-2010, 09:15 AM
TECH Apprentice

my buddie got pulled over in his 98 ss for stereo and his is 100% stock not even a monsoon system. So its all in how u use it, not that I'm a big fan of stereos but its the same with anything.
Old 05-28-2010, 09:31 AM
TECH Fanatic

I've had my car for about 4 years and have two tickets. One a speed contest and the other a tint violation. I never did get one for my radio. I took out my "system" though.
Old 05-28-2010, 09:34 AM
On The Tree

yeah, I do always turn the stereo down at intersections. Main reason being I know how annoying it is when the car next to you has there's blaring and you probably don't like their choice in music. I have my head on a swivel 24/7 since I started seeing the recurring theme I have haha. In this case, he was on the other side of the building and by the time I saw him it was to late.

I guess the only good thing I can think of to come from it all, is the constant scanning has made me extremely aware to everything going on around and ahead of me, silver lining maybe? I know, the more I think about, it sounds pretty stupid. Just keep the sh*t turned down and all is good. I just can't resist the temptation. Maybe if I take it out for a couple months I'll learn some self control haha.
Old 05-28-2010, 10:00 AM
TECH Regular

if you properly sound deadend your car it would help a great deal. It'd sound even louder inside and keep it inside the car.
Old 05-28-2010, 11:42 AM
On The Tree

The car is properly sound deadened. I've taken out the carpet and used a full dynamat extreme bulk pack, covering from the front all the way to the back of the rear seats. From there back, used the trunk kit and got in every little nook and cranny there is, even pulled the berger and tail lights to get behind them. Have the doors done as well, isn't anywhere left to get lol.

I guess that's what happens when you're pushing 1700 watts rms and driving around with the windows down and the tops off
Old 05-28-2010, 01:15 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

The cop must have been I dick. I always have my stereo up and never get bothered and I have 2 12w7s.
Old 05-28-2010, 01:51 PM
Teching In

I would like to add that I have been on a bunch of "ride alongs" with the Modesto PD, and they really don't want to waste thier time to pull over cars for moving violations (expect for the motorcycle "traffic inforcement" officers). They are very busy just trying to cover all the calls dealing with the gang (XIV & Asian Crip) & drug issues in Modesto.
Old 05-28-2010, 02:46 PM
On The Tree

yeah, the last three I've gotten have been down in San Luis Obispo. Both from the motorcycle officers. No real gang or drug problems here, just alcohol and that isn't really a problem

I guess when the end of the month comes, they gotta find someway to generate revenue to meet their monthly quotas haha

Quick Reply: Stereo tickets?