Western Members CA, AZ, NV, UT, CO, NM, HI

Where to do dyno?

Search this Thread

Old 08-12-2010, 02:25 AM
Teching In

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I know ret id doing a dyno day so since thats what your looking for I'd go there...but for tuning I wouldn't take it to him he is good with cobra's/fords and a nice guy and all but not as good as Ryne imo. Spent time with both tuners and both tuners have worked on my friends cars. I have quite a few friends with svt's and lsx so I here good from both. RET=fords and he is good with them. 3 pulls he's done with bolt on cobras doesn't even need to drive them on the street but lsx cars Rynes the best out here man. Just my 2 cents.
Old 08-12-2010, 02:39 AM
FormerVendor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

We offer some of the best prices around on complete dyno and street tunes. (Located in Bakersfield).

If you are looking for a local tuner, I recommend a LS1tech sponsor before any random shop that is "getting into" the LSx tuning business.
Old 08-12-2010, 07:00 AM
Banned

Originally Posted by CalSpeedPerformance
We offer some of the best prices around on complete dyno and street tunes. (Located in Bakersfield).

If you are looking for a local tuner, I recommend a LS1tech sponsor before any random shop that is "getting into" the LSx tuning business.

If you are looking for a local tuner "I recommend a LS1tech sponsor before any random shop that is getting into the LSx tuning business" QUOTE FROM CALSPEEDPERFORMANCE very perfessional...please teach that other guy how to conduct business!!
Old 08-12-2010, 09:40 AM
Launching!

Originally Posted by CalSpeedPerformance

Right now, I really just want to see how my stock car (short of SLP lid) compares to others, and get a professional opinion on it.

I mean, the car only has 45k miles, but it was only driven about 1k miles in the past year before I bought it. Just wanna make sure everything is a OK before I start planning my mods.

I do NOT mine the drive to bakersfield though.
Old 08-12-2010, 11:10 AM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by TPI TERROR
pm sent xpeditious.

grngt50 ive seen your car around town but i havent seen you car in action. have you gone to the track yet?
no track time yet dude, just laying down *** whippings on the local stang scene lol. You and your bud Eric should join us and get some runs in, I finally got some new brakes/tires.

-J
Old 08-12-2010, 11:19 AM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by tmdz28
Sounds good bro. I'll PM u my number.
replied
Old 08-12-2010, 11:26 AM
LS1TECH Sponsor

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by LTXBOI
If you are looking for a local tuner "I recommend a LS1tech sponsor before any random shop that is getting into the LSx tuning business" QUOTE FROM CALSPEEDPERFORMANCE very perfessional...please teach that other guy how to conduct business!!
sorry i was not as nice about it as Jim (thanks for sticking up for me) , but i will self admit i am not the most professional on these boards, most people even make jokes about it, my only problem with you and RET is the non-sponsor advertising, i dont know if he is a good or bad tuner (heard he is decent with fords).... too me whats even more unprofessional is advertising on a board where other sponsors pay good money to advertise there...
Old 08-12-2010, 11:33 AM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by grngt50
no track time yet dude, just laying down *** whippings on the local stang scene lol. You and your bud Eric should join us and get some runs in, I finally got some new brakes/tires.

-J
Glad to see you're holding things down out there!

Ryph
Old 08-12-2010, 12:06 PM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by Ryphraph
Glad to see you're holding things down out there!

Ryph

haha thanks man

I've handed out beatings to everyone I've raced so far.......STI's, Mustangs, a bunch of 5.7 Hemis, and I even pulled a car length on a new SS up to 130.

The one exception was the *** kicking I took from a certain WS6 around town, but that is a cammed/gear/full exhaust car

-J
Old 08-12-2010, 12:45 PM
Staging Lane

haha thanks man

I've handed out beatings to everyone I've raced so far.......STI's, Mustangs, a bunch of 5.7 Hemis, and I even pulled a car length on a new SS up to 130.

The one exception was the *** kicking I took from a certain WS6 around town, but that is a cammed/gear/full exhaust car

-J
Sweet! My friend with the 5th gen is now running a Vortec and it is scary fast.

Ryph
Old 08-12-2010, 01:14 PM
TECH Regular

Originally Posted by tmdz28
Right now, I really just want to see how my stock car (short of SLP lid) compares to others, and get a professional opinion on it.

I mean, the car only has 45k miles, but it was only driven about 1k miles in the past year before I bought it. Just wanna make sure everything is a OK before I start planning my mods.

I do NOT mine the drive to bakersfield though.
I'd recommend Jim. He took care of a whole lot of odds and ends on my car before I went on a rally from CA to TX. I drove out there from OC and I dont regret it. Very knowledgeable and a great guy!
Old 08-12-2010, 03:11 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by Ryne @ CMS
sorry i was not as nice about it as Jim (thanks for sticking up for me) , but i will self admit i am not the most professional on these boards, most people even make jokes about it, my only problem with you and RET is the non-sponsor advertising, i dont know if he is a good or bad tuner (heard he is decent with fords).... too me whats even more unprofessional is advertising on a board where other sponsors pay good money to advertise there...
Trust me i understand what your talkin about....I had just stated where my tune came from..**** my car was a tune shop ***** at once from huntington beach to inglewood lastly downey...Other than that i didnt do it to steal your customers,i have no ties with ret i was referred by a friend and had a great time..Besides you have tech on lock for great tunes.The ls 240 is whoopin *** right now. Anyway your work speaks for it's self,you wont be lossing any customers on tech....i wanna try you out once i do a few more installs as long as you dont **** my **** up...cause of a tune from some where else..lol

Last edited by LTXBOI; 08-14-2010 at 08:06 AM.
Old 08-13-2010, 11:38 AM
TECH Enthusiast

-J
pm me your number. i haven't been out in the scene . had my car down for about a month. and now im just chilling not trying to break anything.
Old 08-13-2010, 02:22 PM
LS1TECH Sponsor

Originally Posted by LTXBOI
Trust me i understand what your talkin about....I had just stated where my tune came from..**** my car was a tune shop ***** at once from huntington beach to inglewood lastly downey...Other than that i didnt do it to steal your customers,i have no ties with ret i was referred by a friend and had a great time..Besides you have tech on lock for great tunes.The ls 240 is whoopin *** right now. Anyway your work speaks for it's self,you wont be lossing any customers on tech....i wanna try you out once i do a few more installs as long as you dont **** my **** up...cause of a tune from some where else..lol
i could literally hate someone, but if i decide to tune their car i will do the best job possible , because of my pride in my work...
Old 08-14-2010, 01:10 AM
Teching In

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default You get what you pay for

I have had two $300 tunes from a shop in Bakersfield and the car still doesn't run right, his way of making the car idle right is to jack up the idle speed. I would take your car to RPM or Ryne @ CMS you will be money ahead.
Old 08-14-2010, 01:19 AM
FormerVendor

Let me know if you need any assistance, raising idles and raping PE tables is definitely not the way to tune. Heres another secret... needs to be steady state load tuned.
Old 08-16-2010, 02:18 AM
Launching!

Originally Posted by B Layton
I have had two $300 tunes from a shop in Bakersfield and the car still doesn't run right, his way of making the car idle right is to jack up the idle speed. I would take your car to RPM or Ryne @ CMS you will be money ahead.
+2 Ryne is a cool *** dude that knows his work, all the homie's i know with lsx's go with him and i have never seen any bs problems wth their rides.
Old 08-16-2010, 04:39 PM
FormerVendor

Originally Posted by CaliforniaBoy5
I'd recommend Jim. He took care of a whole lot of odds and ends on my car before I went on a rally from CA to TX. I drove out there from OC and I dont regret it. Very knowledgeable and a great guy!
Hey thanks man,

Any my wife thanks you for getting to go shopping in OC after driving up to OC to drop you and your g/f off..lol...guess that was win / win.
Old 08-16-2010, 06:57 PM
LS1TECH Sponsor

Originally Posted by Greg@RET
Let me know if you need any assistance, raising idles and raping PE tables is definitely not the way to tune. Heres another secret... needs to be steady state load tuned.
Raping the pe table is a big no no set your pe to your desired enrichment/ af af then dial in your maf/ ve ... I also have one of the best steady state loading tuning dyno ... A dyno dynamics 450ds. So I personally am very aware of what you speak

Quick Reply: Where to do dyno?