Western Members CA, AZ, NV, UT, CO, NM, HI

clueless help

Search this Thread

Old 11-06-2010, 01:02 AM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default clueless help

pretty sure i have a vacuum leak sence the car speeds up on its own, but when ever i get on it, it smells like something is burning (through the air fents)

what codes would shoot because of the vacuum leak i have a tp sensor and another weird one is multiple cylinder misfires. might be because my spark plugs are to hot? im clueless need help!!
Old 11-06-2010, 01:57 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Multiple miss fire is either the plugs, wires, injectors, fuel pump. Mostlikly plugs or wires. If your car is fairly stock, don't use those gay bosch plugs. Try using the ac delco ones. If your car is starting to idle high doesn't necessarly mean it's running lean. Check the idle air control valve. If u had a vac leak then u would get a lean code or would idle high all the time. PM me if u have more questions or need help
Old 11-06-2010, 02:18 AM
11 Second Club

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Run ngk tr55 plugs. They are tried and true in your motors for stock of h/c setups.
Take some carg cleaner and spray the hoses and any other possible places for leaks in your intake system. If you sprayan area and the idle changes you found your vacuumm leak,

When was the last time you changed your plugs?
Old 11-06-2010, 02:24 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

You have a throttle position sensor code?

What is the burning smell, is it sweet? plasticky? Fuel like? Sulfur like?
Old 11-07-2010, 01:00 AM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

im running with tr55 spark plugs, its fairly stock has cam, headers and ls2 heads. everything thats been done has less then 10,000 miles on it so i dont understand why it would be misfiring so soon. i dont think i would get a lean code beacause i dont have cats on it so i dont have rear o2 sensors but i do have the front and nothing popped for them, id say the burning smell was more plaskicy i guess the idle in park and neutral is fine its when its in gear that itll speed up on its own in first gear it'll slowly get to about 2,000 rpms, which in drive its 35 plus...

Quick Reply: clueless help