Western Members CA, AZ, NV, UT, CO, NM, HI

Clutch noise

Search this Thread

Old 11-20-2010, 01:56 AM
TECH Addict

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Clutch noise

I posted in the trans section of the forum but no one says anything lol anyways, my problem is when the car is running and stopped, with the clutch pressed in, I hear a clanking noise coming from the clutch area. Could it be my slave or master? When the clutch isn't pressed in and the car is in neutral, there is no abnormal noise coming from that area.

Any advice would be helpful!
Old 11-20-2010, 08:42 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Long shot but have you checked the spring thats attached to the pedal? Mine used to make alot of noise.
Old 11-20-2010, 03:09 PM
Launching!

Sounds like a pitot bearing. Could be a few things but I would look into that first. When's the last time you replaced it? Is it a growling or houling sound from the bell housing when you press the clutch pedal? If you have any more questions feel free to give me a call or pm.
Old 11-20-2010, 03:13 PM
TECH Resident

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

i dont think its your slave. that would make a noise when the pedal was not pushed in. and it does not make a clunking noise at all. do you have a adjustable clutch master cylinder? if so might want to try some adjustments.
Old 11-21-2010, 01:44 AM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by Datzneat
Long shot but have you checked the spring thats attached to the pedal? Mine used to make alot of noise.
yeah spring is good.

Originally Posted by haighter
Sounds like a pitot bearing. Could be a few things but I would look into that first. When's the last time you replaced it? Is it a growling or houling sound from the bell housing when you press the clutch pedal? If you have any more questions feel free to give me a call or pm.
replaced the pilot bearing when i replaced the clutch maybe 40k miles ago. i wouldn't call it a houling sound, more like a growling.

Originally Posted by 99 Blue Bird
i dont think its your slave. that would make a noise when the pedal was not pushed in. and it does not make a clunking noise at all. do you have a adjustable clutch master cylinder? if so might want to try some adjustments.
nope just the stock master.

I guess what ever it is i need to take my tranny off
Old 11-24-2010, 12:27 AM
TECH Addict

bump. anyone have some more ideas? i think im just going to order a new ls7 clutch kit and a new slave cyl. while the deals are good this week.
Old 11-24-2010, 05:34 AM
TECH Junkie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

That's what mine does!

gonna pull the tranny and replace the pilot on mine. We'll see if that works or not. Should be fun, It'll be the first time for me pulling the transmission so...
Old 11-24-2010, 10:24 AM
Launching!

Originally Posted by Soul TKR
That's what mine does!

gonna pull the tranny and replace the pilot on mine. We'll see if that works or not. Should be fun, It'll be the first time for me pulling the transmission so...

Ive heard yours, yours is the clutch disk. Myself and a lot if other people have said the same thing.

To the OP, without seeing or hearing it. It can be a few things. The only way to tell is by pulling the trans and inspecting everythig.
Old 11-24-2010, 04:25 PM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by Soul TKR
That's what mine does!

when are you doing yours?

Ive heard yours, yours is the clutch disk. Myself and a lot if other people have said the same thing.

To the OP, without seeing or hearing it. It can be a few things. The only way to tell is by pulling the trans and inspecting everythig.
yeah that's my plan. but without a lift if i'm going to take my tranny off i might as well replace my clutch with 50k miles

Quick Reply: Clutch noise