Western Members CA, AZ, NV, UT, CO, NM, HI

Weight Reduction.

Search this Thread

Old 03-11-2011, 05:52 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

First OFF, Remember 100 pounds is one TENTH. So regardless all this crazy weight your trying to remove is insane if you trying to go from 13.0 to a 12.8 (example) Plus lets not forget you have a lot of after market **** you can buy, Plus you can remove door bars, cut **** off..BUT please remember YOUR LIFE. A good friend was side swipped and He walked away! IF my camaro was side swipped he would have been seriously injured because i have no door bars. Please remember you can remove all that ****, cut your fenders etc etc BUT if some clown face ****** hits you, your FUCKED! So if it's a street car thing a smarter ways, Make more power, better weight transfer etc etc.If it's a drag car get the Saw and start cutting. My opionion why spend money reducing weight, just buy go fast parts.
Old 03-11-2011, 07:06 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by NORCALMUSCLE1
First OFF, Remember 100 pounds is one TENTH. So regardless all this crazy weight your trying to remove is insane if you trying to go from 13.0 to a 12.8 (example) Plus lets not forget you have a lot of after market **** you can buy, Plus you can remove door bars, cut **** off..BUT please remember YOUR LIFE. A good friend was side swipped and He walked away! IF my camaro was side swipped he would have been seriously injured because i have no door bars. Please remember you can remove all that ****, cut your fenders etc etc BUT if some clown face ****** hits you, your FUCKED! So if it's a street car thing a smarter ways, Make more power, better weight transfer etc etc.If it's a drag car get the Saw and start cutting. My opionion why spend money reducing weight, just buy go fast parts.
Thats a good point. My car is track only and wont see the street. When you get them to the point mine is at they dont handle well at all, its made to go straight. Combine that with a manual valve body trans it would be a pain to drive anyway.

Yep this is "Barney". The cage and some metal removal was done by CMS before I bought it from Ryne but since then ive mini tubbed it, cut the cowl off, cut out all of the trunk pans, all kinds of useless brackets and stuff. Next thing to do is weld in the over axle anti roll bar and order the vfn hood, then drop in the motor and get it over to CMS for the tune and hopefully running the strip at LA Invasion.
Old 03-11-2011, 08:24 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by KILLER-LS1
i wouldnt recommend going to the track with the "low fuel light" on. our tanks are not baffled, which means the fuel is able to slosh around in the tank. under hard acceleration, the fuel can slosh away from the pump bucket, causing the pump to suck air. once you suck air youre going to go lean and potentially blow up your motor at full throttle. if you wanna save weight, just have at least a 1/4 tank or something.
well put. dually noted
Old 03-11-2011, 09:29 PM
Launching!

We got our 96Z down to 3280lbs. Tubular everything. no seats, no spare.

Quick Reply: Weight Reduction.