Western Members CA, AZ, NV, UT, CO, NM, HI

Shop in Modesto

Search this Thread

Old 04-11-2011, 12:18 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Shop in Modesto

Has anyone heard of a shop by the name of "unlimited speedworks"??? saw an add on craigslist for different install prices, and they quoted me 600 for a complete engine swap. All the prices seemed super cheap I was wondering if anyone knows about the quality of work they do???
Old 04-11-2011, 12:21 PM
Teching In

havent heard of that place.
friend of a friend runs ssauto on pirrone over in salid by 99
solid guys and decent prices.

http://ssautopower.com
(209) 343-4186
Old 04-11-2011, 05:42 PM
Launching!

Originally Posted by 80'sbaby
Has anyone heard of a shop by the name of "unlimited speedworks"??? saw an add on craigslist for different install prices, and they quoted me 600 for a complete engine swap. All the prices seemed super cheap I was wondering if anyone knows about the quality of work they do???
I would be really careful about taking to a place like that. Regular price for a motor swap is $1600-1800 in an f-body. Find out if they plan on trying to pull it out or drop it. That should tell you alot about the place.
Old 04-11-2011, 05:55 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by haighter
I would be really careful about taking to a place like that. Regular price for a motor swap is $1600-1800 in an f-body. Find out if they plan on trying to pull it out or drop it. That should tell you alot about the place.
Pulling it or dropping it has NOTHING TO DO with the place. I've dropped motors and I've pulled them.. I can careless what 10 million people have said, I'd rather pull it from the top! in this economy Especially In modesto I can see people charging this rate.

O.P I've never heard of it but all ask my redneck friends who are around modesto.
Old 04-11-2011, 06:33 PM
Launching!

Originally Posted by NORCALMUSCLE1
Pulling it or dropping it has NOTHING TO DO with the place. I've dropped motors and I've pulled them.. I can careless what 10 million people have said, I'd rather pull it from the top! in this economy Especially In modesto I can see people charging this rate.

O.P I've never heard of it but all ask my redneck friends who are around modesto.
O.P. Think of your car and the mechanic as you would as yourself and a Dr. You sure can find someone that calls themselves a Dr. and pay them to do a surgury on yourself for far less then what the going prices are. I am sure he could find A WAY of getting it done and making it work. But wouldnt you preffer to have Dr. that KNOWS WHAT he is doing and has the propper equiptment to do the job right the first time?

When it comes to dropping or pulling the motor, you can do it both ways. If the shop doesnt have a lift... they will have to pull it. If they dont have a lift makes me wonder how long they have been in buisness and much knowledge they have. A good shop that is doing well shouldnt have to take there rates in half. If they are charging less then half the going rate then, buisness is not good. If its not doing good then whats the reason. Hope you see where im going. I have seen far to many people spend more money in the end after taking to cheap places vs doing it right the first time.

I also grew up in Tuolumne and would go to Modesto all the time.
Old 04-12-2011, 12:30 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by haighter
When it comes to dropping or pulling the motor, you can do it both ways. If the shop doesnt have a lift... they will have to pull it. If they dont have a lift makes me wonder how long they have been in buisness and much knowledge they have. A good shop that is doing well shouldnt have to take there rates in half. If they are charging less then half the going rate then, buisness is not good. If its not doing good then whats the reason. Hope you see where im going. I have seen far to many people spend more money in the end after taking to cheap places vs doing it right the first time.

I also grew up in Tuolumne and would go to Modesto all the time.
Majority of the business haven't been doing good!!!Guys make money on tuning, I know place who have lifts charge CRAZY MONEY and DO NOT know **** I MEAN ****!!!! I've fixed bestfriends cars from BIG NAME shops. I know THREE MAJOR SHOPS IN THE BAYAREA have mechanics wrenching ON PEOPLES CARS FOR 80 OR MORE A HOUR AND ARE NOT CERT, Never been to school NOTHING... Just like Me (a backyard mechanic) and are charging Cert.Rate...GO FIGURE.. Do not get me wrong Im not trying to do this as A sidejob, Im just stating the situation.

BTW the car game and the DR's in complete different . Majority of these shops do not need school or Cert's as a DR does.

Quick Reply: Shop in Modesto