Western Members CA, AZ, NV, UT, CO, NM, HI

newtech or synergy for tuning

Search this Thread

Old 09-18-2011, 08:52 AM
12 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Just throwing in my $.02, Rick @ Synergy has been SUPER helpful to me in the past and got my original Procharger tune running great. I don't have any experience with Newtech.

Rob (Bad30th)
Old 09-18-2011, 08:15 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

You open up a can of worms with posts like this. This topic has been beat like a dead horse on multiple forums.

Either shop will get you what you need. Rick tends to work more on driveability from what i've seen, even if it costs losing a couple horses here and there to keep those street manners.

Nick tends to be more cut throat - get the most safe hp out of the car and worries a little less about driveability.

So it really depends on what you're looking for out of your car, but like I said, you'll most likely leave happy from either shop.

Don't base your choice on hp numbers though, because first off it's irrelevant in the end, and they both use completely different styles of dynos that wont have the same numbers.

This is coming from someone who's known these guys for quite a while and been tuned by both of them. My car is tuned by nick right now and it runs great. I stay with nick because he's kept a more personal relationship with me then anyone else, but they're both nice guys that stand behind their work.

Don't listen to dweebs that come and trash talk the **** out of one shop unless you're willing to go to the shop and get both sides. There can be so many reasons things were handled like they were, or you might not even be getting the whole story. This happens all the time.

Good luck!

Quick Reply: newtech or synergy for tuning