Search this Thread

Old 03-02-2012, 09:41 AM
11 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

days like this I want to move back east. This sucks
Old 03-02-2012, 07:16 PM
12 Second Club

Received 14 Likes on 9 Posts

If last years closure was any indication, they will take care of these issues and reopen...
Old 03-03-2012, 12:28 AM
On The Tree

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

I work in an Elementary school that's within walking distance from the Speedway. For quite some time, some of the locals have been trying to get the Speedway to either relocate the strip to the other side of the race track (which is surrounded by steel mills, junk yards, and warehouses) or at the very least, build a wall to help with the noise. The vast majority of the homes in the area predate the speedway by 20+ years.

As for me, personally, the noise didn't bug me. In fact, I am a fan of loud and fast cars (I'm in the process of installing LTs and an off road Y pipe on my car). I can see how some of the locals may have been upset about the noise, especially with the events that took place at night.

The locals are proud to have the Speedway in their area and are ok with the INTENSE traffic that comes with the races several times a year. They are also grateful for the jobs that it generates.....

However, they feel that Speedway had no intention to compromise. I for one am quite sad because living so close, about a 5 minute drive, didn't enjoy the drag strip nearly enough. Also, I can definitely see this increasing the amount of illegal street racing in the area.

Sad, but this could have been averted. This is an example of what happens when compromise is taken off the table... you wind up with nowhere to test out your car once it has a full exhaust and a tune...

THIS SUCKS
Old 03-03-2012, 10:18 AM
TECH Fanatic

I dont get it, they shut down pomona for the same reason. Most of the people complaining moved there since the track had been open, and they got a deal on their house because of it. They needed to do more research before buying. This is b/s to fight to close tracks because of noise. they need to get over it or move...and those who allow the residents to force a track to close need to get a life.
Old 03-03-2012, 12:49 PM
On The Tree

Cali is changing for the worst with all these tree hugging new age hipsters...if it wasn't for the weather I'd move to Texas. I hear driving with open headers is the norm out there.
Old 03-03-2012, 04:23 PM

yeah i love texas . there if someone breaks into your house you can legally shoot them . hehe helps cut down on court traffic
Old 03-03-2012, 06:20 PM
On The Tree

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

As I stated in my previous post, I am with you guys on this. I feel horrible that we're loosing the drag strip, but.......

Why are we placing ALL the blame on the residents?? The Speedway obviously played a part in this and I don't really see anybody mentioning it. As it's been said in the past by many people.... the Speedway never REALLY respected the drag strip. Anybody that's gone knows that it never was one of the priorities.

I understand that we love our cars, but you're telling me that you're going to give up the weather, the women, the location, and many of the other things that California has to offer a drag strip???

What’s with all the California bashing?? I understand that California may not be for everybody just like let’s say Oklahoma is not for me, but I don’t feel compelled to bash it.

Let's see... which one is more appealing to me...

Having a heavily modified that won't get me in trouble with the law and having a drag strip in every city....

or

Enjoy all the things that California has to offer.... let's see....

Women
Weather
Los Angeles/Hollywood
San Diego
San Francisco
women
Fullerton
Disneyland
women
Hollywood Studios
Magic Mountain
Knotts Berry Farm (**** it.. why not?? lol)
women
The beach
Mountains
The desert
Close to Las Vegas (So cal)
And many, many, many more….

Our cars are a lot of fun and I still plan on modifying my car and I will pay the consequences if/when I get caught. I hope that the law eases up on us, but until then...

I will enjoy the weather, the hot chicks, and the beach.... yeah, California sucks huh???
Old 03-03-2012, 06:29 PM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by ZexGX
If last years closure was any indication, they will take care of these issues and reopen...
Last year they had limited racing, but it's still the same issues this year. From my understanding they wanted to build a sound wall, the funding is already there, so they could include Blown cars and dragsters but the engineers say it won't drop the decibel level to stay within the requirements. The wall won't be built. It's turned into a pissing contest and that's never a good thing, I'm just keeping my fingers crossed that we can keep racing. The track was originally on the other side of the speedway and never had sound issues, but they wanted a fancy restaurant so the track was moved to its present spot. So now were at the mercy of a few people in the area that must have miserable lives and want everyone else to be miserable with them.

Kevin
Old 03-03-2012, 06:53 PM
10 Second Club

Originally Posted by Bluhaven
Last year they had limited racing, but it's still the same issues this year. From my understanding they wanted to build a sound wall, the funding is already there, so they could include Blown cars and dragsters but the engineers say it won't drop the decibel level to stay within the requirements. The wall won't be built. It's turned into a pissing contest and that's never a good thing, I'm just keeping my fingers crossed that we can keep racing. The track was originally on the other side of the speedway and never had sound issues, but they wanted a fancy restaurant so the track was moved to its present spot. So now were at the mercy of a few people in the area that must have miserable lives and want everyone else to be miserable with them.

Kevin
Just forget it about it, It's most likely to stay closed since some of the near by residents are claiming "hearing loss" due to the loud cars.

Quick Reply: Fontana CLOSED!