Western Members CA, AZ, NV, UT, CO, NM, HI

Thoughts on JBA?

Search this Thread

Old 05-13-2012, 10:35 PM
9 Second Club

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default Thoughts on JBA?

I am pretty much at my wit's end trying to get my car together - not enough time or energy. I think I am going to take it to a shop to finish. Has anyone used JBA in San Diego? What was your experience? Are they worth the cost?

I would love to take it to CMS, but since it's not running, that far of a tow would be pretty steep, so I was hoping that JBA would work, so I could save $250 in towing.

Basically, I need cats bolted to manifold, AIR and EGR installed, o2 sensors rewired to PCM (previously cut), tighten crank pulley.
Old 05-14-2012, 12:28 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

They built a motor for me a few years ago. It was poorly assembled and has many problems. From what I hear, I wasn't the only one. I told them it was burning oil and if I should use thicker oil and they told me "that's just what you're gonna get with forged pistons" and to try 10w40. It didn't help.
Old 05-14-2012, 01:27 AM
Launching!

Originally Posted by transsam
I am pretty much at my wit's end trying to get my car together - not enough time or energy. I think I am going to take it to a shop to finish. Has anyone used JBA in San Diego? What was your experience? Are they worth the cost?

I would love to take it to CMS, but since it's not running, that far of a tow would be pretty steep, so I was hoping that JBA would work, so I could save $250 in towing.

Basically, I need cats bolted to manifold, AIR and EGR installed, o2 sensors rewired to PCM (previously cut), tighten crank pulley.
I wouldnt take it to JBA at all. Have the guys at CMS do it correctly and for a good price. Give me a call and I'll hook you up with a tow for about half what your looking at. 209-559-7342.
Old 05-14-2012, 02:55 PM
On The Tree

I have heard more negative than positive about JBA. They do have Cars and Coffee the 2nd Sunday of the month, so that's plus.
Old 05-14-2012, 02:57 PM
On The Tree

Another option is JR competition in Escondido.

Quick Reply: Thoughts on JBA?