Western Members CA, AZ, NV, UT, CO, NM, HI

Anyone here had a hernia?

Search this Thread

Old 09-20-2012, 07:01 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Anyone here had a hernia?

For the last month or so ive been dealing with a inguinal hernia and the pain that comes with it of course. So I finally got operated yesterday (wich also hurts like a m-effer) was wondering if anyone here has had one and how long were they out for as far as work/cars?
Old 09-20-2012, 11:09 PM
Launching!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I had one about 5 years ago and it was a 3 inch tear in my abdomen. I was out of work for 3 weeks after the surgery and wasn't able to do heavy lifting for about 6 weeks. I was a GM mechanic by trade at the time and it was light line for me during that time. My advice is don't push it after the surgery and listen to the doctor. Going back in to fix it again will not be fun but the 6 weeks went by quick.
Old 10-10-2012, 05:12 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Has anyone traced down a short causing the passenger windows and the Driver's seat) I can't find any wires that don't look good. Sorry, A-low, Just a dumb newbie that hasn't figured out how to use the site. I've never had a hernia operated on, but I've helped operate on about 10,000 of them as an operating room nurse for about 40 years. Depending on how much repairing they had to do, you shouldn't lift more than about 10 pounds for at least a month. Bunny.

Last edited by bstarkey; 10-13-2012 at 04:01 PM. Reason: Newbie

Quick Reply: Anyone here had a hernia?