Western Members CA, AZ, NV, UT, CO, NM, HI

po172 and po175 codes

Search this Thread

Old 01-09-2013, 01:26 PM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default po172 and po175 codes

Keep getting these codes po172 and po175, anyone have an idea what would cause these?

Kevin
Old 01-09-2013, 02:22 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Has the car been tuned with the bolt-ons? That is too rich on bank 1 and bank 2. Could be bad maf, esentially it is more fuel than air and the O2 sensor is reading more fuel.

http://repairpal.com/OBD-II-Code-P0172-and-P0175

Found this site to help you try and troubleshoot, is the MAF plugged in?
Old 01-09-2013, 02:38 PM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by LS1Adam84
Has the car been tuned with the bolt-ons? That is too rich on bank 1 and bank 2. Could be bad maf, esentially it is more fuel than air and the O2 sensor is reading more fuel.

Just put a set of ported heads on, it's since been retuned. I don't want to just start replacing parts. I've cleaned the maf?

Kevin
Old 01-09-2013, 05:36 PM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by LS1Adam84

Yea, the maf is plugged in and thanks for that site, gives me something to check.

Kevin
Old 01-11-2013, 10:43 AM
Staging Lane

Is it possible because of the cold temps outside and a 160 thermostat that it could throw these codes?

Kevin
Old 01-11-2013, 04:45 PM
Staging Lane

I was getting o2 codes when my fuel pump was bad. I could erase the codes with my scanner and drive around for weeks and several miles without it coming back on if I drove normal. If I went WOT, the codes would turn on and activate the check engine light again. I replaced o2's, a MAF and spark plugs before finding out it was my fuel pump. My car did have a little bit of a hesitation at times, particularly whenever I'd give 3/4 throttle or more, and the car didnt run as "beastly" as I felt it should on the butt dyno. Not sure if you're experiencing similar issues.
Old 01-11-2013, 05:16 PM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by Jeremy 92 RS
I was getting o2 codes when my fuel pump was bad. I could erase the codes with my scanner and drive around for weeks and several miles without it coming back on if I drove normal. If I went WOT, the codes would turn on and activate the check engine light again. I replaced o2's, a MAF and spark plugs before finding out it was my fuel pump. My car did have a little bit of a hesitation at times, particularly whenever I'd give 3/4 throttle or more, and the car didnt run as "beastly" as I felt it should on the butt dyno. Not sure if you're experiencing similar issues.
I've only had it come on after 30 or 40 miles driving down the freeway, no wot. Hopefully I'll have some time this weekend to check it out further. From what I've read they say to log it but I don't have anyway of doing that.

Kevin
Old 01-13-2013, 12:45 PM
Staging Lane

I think I figured it out, it looks like i forgot to reconnect the line from the purge solenoid(sits on the passenger side head front) and the other end that connects behind the throttle body after installing the heads. I'll have to put some miles on it now and see if that solves it, thanks for your help. The lines were set in position but i never pushed them to there locking position. I guess it pays to check and double check.

Kevin
Old 01-14-2013, 12:06 PM
Staging Lane

Well that didn't fix it, the codes came back. Back to the drawing board?

Kevin

Quick Reply: po172 and po175 codes