Western Members CA, AZ, NV, UT, CO, NM, HI

hummer H3

Search this Thread

Old 11-23-2013, 10:45 PM
TECH Resident

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default hummer H3

so im looking for another ride for my girl, been looking at (used) escalades, tahoe and yukon, i showed her the h3 hummer and she seems to like it but never driven one, i red reviews saying good things about it, 5 cylinder suvs looking at a 06 and up anyone have one here or driven one b4? any input?
Old 11-23-2013, 11:03 PM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

They seem solid. They come into my work every now and then.

Remember that all Hummers come 4x4. The weight of the 4wd might be a waste (MPG wise) though if she keeps it a pavement princess. Plus you'll have the extra maintenance of servicing the t-case and the front diff oil at the recommended intervals, and then on top of it, repairing them when and if they start leaking, etc. Some people care, some dont...I know you're a baller and all.. but FYI
Old 11-23-2013, 11:35 PM
TECH Resident

Originally Posted by Jeremy 92 RS
They seem solid. They come into my work every now and then.

Remember that all Hummers come 4x4. The weight of the 4wd might be a waste (MPG wise) though if she keeps it a pavement princess. Plus you'll have the extra maintenance of servicing the t-case and the front diff oil at the recommended intervals, and then on top of it, repairing them when and if they start leaking, etc. Some people care, some dont...I know you're a baller and all.. but FYI
hmmm i didnt know that i thought some were 2wd thanks for the info
Old 11-24-2013, 08:26 PM
On The Tree

The H3s look nice, but lacks visibility.
My bro has a 2009 Tahoe Z71 with all the bells and whistle and WOW! Very roomy, powerful, and fun to drive. My bro has been in South Korea for almost 2 years and I'm baby sitting both his cars, so I get to drive it and keep it running so I know how they drive.
Old 11-27-2013, 01:06 AM
TECH Fanatic

Its junk just like the colorado and if you were looking at escalades i take it you dont offroad so the Trailblazer would be a better choice.
Old 11-27-2013, 03:03 AM
On The Tree

It really depends, if you're looking for an offroad vehicle, the Hummer is the best option from the rest of the pack you mentioned. Tahoe, Yukon and Trailblazers, they'are not exactly tough offroaders, The Hummer has the high clearance, offroad tuned suspension, rear lockers, active electronic control like FJ cruisers and Land Rovers (this works almost like a front locker) right from the factory, which makes any of this vehicles very capable in tough conditions. See how many Yukons or Escalades or Trailblazers you'll find doing the hard trails at Big Bear for example in bone stock trim, and you'll see what i'm talking about. If you're not doing offroad, but need the space and towing capabilities, then a Yukon is not a bad option, with the Escalade having a lot more refinement.

Have fun.
Old 11-27-2013, 03:25 PM
On The Tree

If you're looking for something with off road, look no further than the Jeep JK 4-door. That's the best bet for a family 4x4.

Quick Reply: hummer H3