Western Members CA, AZ, NV, UT, CO, NM, HI

ASR button, does nothing, traction control stays on...help...

Search this Thread

Old 04-08-2015 | 12:53 PM
Staging Lane

Unhappy ASR button, does nothing, traction control stays on...help...

My 2001 SS m6, when i start the car , the asr is off, so it says on the dash board, after about 30 seconds after start up it goes off, but when i hit the switch, nothing happens, I cant burn out, or anything, pedal always kicks my foot off when i slide the car, or get a little wheel spin...how do i fix this issue????
Old 04-14-2015 | 12:32 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by bjonesws6
My 2001 SS m6, when i start the car , the asr is off, so it says on the dash board, after about 30 seconds after start up it goes off, but when i hit the switch, nothing happens, I cant burn out, or anything, pedal always kicks my foot off when i slide the car, or get a little wheel spin...how do i fix this issue????
that's no fun... I'd try checking the connections to the ASR/TCS module and the connections to the button on your dash. If anything I'm planning to go to the meet next month and I can bring along an extra TCS module from my old 99 bird and you can try that out... idk if that will fix it but its worth a try.
Old 04-14-2015 | 01:19 PM
Staging Lane

Cool, thanks bro, id really appreciate that. I disconnected it from the button and plugged it back in but nothing still...
Old 06-29-2015 | 07:40 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Well I thought of a couple more things, first try checking the fuse under the hood for ABS, TCS or anything other dead fuses (should have thought of that yesterday) I was reading someone else had the same issue and said replacing the hazard and turn signal fuse fixed it , also you might want to check the connectors going to each wheel for the speed sensor and the speed sensor itself. The speed sensor has magnets in it and commonly gets a bunch of metallic crud on it. From what I hear its common for one of the connectors to come loose on the rear end too. Good luck and let us know.

Quick Reply: ASR button, does nothing, traction control stays on...help...