Western Members CA, AZ, NV, UT, CO, NM, HI

i need help plz

Search this Thread

Old 07-27-2016, 08:51 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default i need help plz

ok so I've done all i can think of to get my car to run....

its a ls1 5.3 block with ls1 heads and I'm not sure of the intake man. i think its a ls6

i had the ecu flashed to get rid of the emissions junk. i need a tune still but the car should fire and run right now as fare as i know it should.

i do have a 560. something cam so like 190? vs stock 150 and yellow gm valve springs. I've tried plugging all the vacuum ports. leaving one open or all at the same time.....

so at one point the car started and ran fine. just long enough to make sure the motor was good to go and move one to other stuff before pluming the cooling lines and rad....

NOW the car sounds like its trying to back fire. and choking . like its a old school carb car...

now if you read this fare you can tell i don't have the best grammar and spelling.... cut me some slack please. i don't do a lot with this forum stuff so keep the bs to a minimum.

any help with this car would be helpful. if you happen to be in arvada colorado near 75 and Kipling and want a beer or some parts made on the cnc in exchange for help please hit me up lol

just at my whets end and need a hand.

thanks for your time......

Last edited by spookyandy; 07-27-2016 at 09:03 AM.
Old 08-03-2016, 03:37 PM
12 Second Club

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

So first off, you are going to want to have all vacuum sources plugged or going to what they need to go to. You need to be pulling as much air as possible past the MAF sensor, as that is what your car references for fueling. After that, I would check to see if there are any active codes in the car. Then check over all sensors and grounds to make sure they are all plugged in and tight. Little things first.

Quick Reply: i need help plz