Western Members CA, AZ, NV, UT, CO, NM, HI

White Smoke

Search this Thread

Old 01-22-2019, 09:32 PM
TECH Apprentice

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Default White Smoke

White SmokeHows it going so about 3 months ago i finally got my car running again after being down for 1 year. So I did a radiator flush and changed the oil after 2 days i started noticing some white smoke coming out of the exhaust ( heavy smoke) so i thought i had a bad head gasket, maybe water was going through the exhaust valves which was causing the smoke. So i replaced the passenger side gasket as I'm taking out the spark plugs i noticed oil in them, BTW the head gasket was bad which i hoped solved the issue. after a day of running it same white heavy smoke came out of exhaust again, CAR has 139K miles on it Im thinking its bad piston rings? I'm hoping to solve this issue ASAP any info or any of you guys have dealt with this issue pls feel free to share. thanks
Old 01-23-2019, 11:59 AM
TECH Senior Member

Received 26 Likes on 24 Posts

How do the plugs look on the driver side? I am curious if both head gaskets failed at the same time. If your rings were bad you'd likely see blue smoke, not white smoke. I would keep an eye on your coolant to see if it is mixing with any oil. Good luck on fixing the issue.