Western Members CA, AZ, NV, UT, CO, NM, HI

Need GM performance tech help

Search this Thread

Old 05-26-2024, 06:16 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Need GM performance tech help

Hi all. I知 new to this forum and hopeful I can get some help. I recently purchased a GM performance LS3/6L80-E new build in a square bodied C10. It has 900 miles on it and ran perfectly until just recently. Then, the transmission started acting up meaning it seems like the torque converter isn稚 talking to the engine. It feels like I知 trying to drive a CVT transmission. I知 guessing it has something to do with the programming. The combination was supplied in new condition as crate engine/ trans from GM Performance. It is out of warranty however, because it sat on the shelf for a couple of years at the supplier. Is there a shop in the Phoenix area you can recommend? Thanks
Old 05-26-2024, 09:48 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 188 Likes on 150 Posts

Is it throwing any codes at the OBD2 diagnostic port? A very good scanner device could tell you a lot about what is happening inside - slipping, commanded gear . . . . lots of things. Is the trans filled to the proper level with fluid? Any well equipped mechanic that deals with modern vehicles will have the right kind of scanner device and there's no need at this point to look for a highly specialized hot rod shop.

Rick
Old 05-27-2024, 08:06 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by B52bombardier1
Is it throwing any codes at the OBD2 diagnostic port? A very good scanner device could tell you a lot about what is happening inside - slipping, commanded gear . . . . lots of things. Is the trans filled to the proper level with fluid? Any well equipped mechanic that deals with modern vehicles will have the right kind of scanner device and there's no need at this point to look for a highly specialized hot rod shop.

Rick
Thanks! I admit all these electronics are above my pay grade having grown up in the carburetor era.
Old 06-04-2024, 08:18 PM
TECH Veteran

Received 21 Likes on 14 Posts

Find a good local tuner and take it in strap it down and have them do a few pulls and check the MAF scaling first thing. The tunes they are sent with are fair at best it ll run good enough to get it to a shop for tweaking to taste in it's as installed environment.

Quick Reply: Need GM performance tech help