Western Members CA, AZ, NV, UT, CO, NM, HI

Los Angeles Area

Search this Thread

Old 03-17-2005, 07:12 PM
TECH Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Los Angeles Area

I am looking for a good tuner in the Los Angeles Area, how much do they go for out here? I recently installed or rather in the process of installing custom procharger D1sc FMIC kit. I also have cam with supporting mods etc etc... I also have Hptuners but I think that this sort of tunning is way beyond me. I am a newbee and have no Idea what I am doing. I dont even know how to tune the new injectors for Gods sake. I really need to learn this software..

thanks for ur help
Old 03-18-2005, 02:54 AM
Launching!

A&A Corvettes. He specializes in ls1's. If I was you, I wouldn't even play with the tuner because you can destroy your car if you don't know what you're doing. Anyways, he has a special for this month ($400) and here's his website
http://www.aandacorvette.com/

give him a call.
Old 03-29-2005, 12:42 AM
Banned

Go to Andy's, he is the BEST shop you will find, trust me. Charlie is a pro at tuning cars, and for $400 he will gain you atleast 20HP, and get your car running right. AandAcorvette.com

He is located in Oxnard. Just the visit for a tour of his shop is worth it, thats for sure.
Old 03-29-2005, 01:50 AM
TECH Apprentice

A&A
No doubt....He did my Vet with LS1Edit about 5 months ago ....trouble FREE
Old 03-29-2005, 08:18 AM
TECH Junkie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

You already have HPTuners, why don't you tell us where you are? I am sure someone would be willing to help you out. You won't destroy your engine if you tune it yourself, IMO that is something that people who do not have patience to learn about tuning usually say. Common sense will tell you not to drastically change unknown variables on your program, so you will avoid making costly mistakes. Plus, if you go to the HPTuners forum, there are alot of people willing to point you in the right direction. Save your money since you have the tuning tool already.
Old 03-29-2005, 09:22 AM
TECH Apprentice

Originally Posted by Flame Throwing SS
You already have HPTuners, why don't you tell us where you are? I am sure someone would be willing to help you out. You won't destroy your engine if you tune it yourself, IMO that is something that people who do not have patience to learn about tuning usually say. Common sense will tell you not to drastically change unknown variables on your program, so you will avoid making costly mistakes. Plus, if you go to the HPTuners forum, there are alot of people willing to point you in the right direction. Save your money since you have the tuning tool already.
No offense, but I learned the hard way about tuning a Supercharged car (with a SPEED PRO) on my 87 LX....better to be left up to someone with a DYNO, experience and O2s.
Whats 400 for a tune when you have already invested 4-6K in mods, to me its cheap (forgive the term) insurance

BTW I don't think Andy will tune with HP tuners (he may)...you'll need to call on that one.
Old 03-29-2005, 10:05 AM
TECH Junkie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Andy uses all of them, from last I spoke to him. He is also waiting to get V2.0 from HPTuners to tune his LS2 customers.
Old 10-19-2005, 11:11 AM
TECH Apprentice

Do you have any pictures of the FMIC set up along with the D1?

-B
Old 10-20-2005, 11:07 AM
TECH Regular

Trust me on this...

www.haddadmotorsports.com
Old 10-20-2005, 12:30 PM
TECH Fanatic

I tune lots of cars. If you are local I could swing by and help you out with the tune. I am familar with hp tunner and ls1edit. I also have a wideband o2 for wot tuning. If your interested I don't charge anything if you have your own cable and I can explain how the tuning stuff works. Just pm me. -jason
Old 10-23-2005, 08:40 PM
Launching!

Originally Posted by 2 FASST SS
Trust me on this...

Seconded

Hey stroked LS1 what's your ride look like and mods? I live like 5 mins from Venice. Was just curious if maybe I've seen you before and if not to keep on the lookout! Also I may take you up on that tuning class your offering...LOL when I get HP tuners here shortly (ordered).

Last edited by Bigdeezs; 10-23-2005 at 08:47 PM.
Old 10-23-2005, 09:15 PM
TECH Apprentice

Originally Posted by 2 FASST SS
Trust me on this...

I second this choice. Mike will do a great job, and he has a state of the art dyno.
Old 10-23-2005, 10:48 PM
Launching!

Originally Posted by musclehead
I second this choice. Mike will do a great job, and he has a state of the art dyno.
You can only third this I already seconded it ...LOL
Old 10-24-2005, 02:05 AM
TECH Apprentice

Originally Posted by Bigdeezs
You can only third this I already seconded it ...LOL
Opps my bad . In that case I give it a 3rd and 4th nomination...lol.
Old 10-25-2005, 03:27 AM
TECH Fanatic

I've got a formula with a 422ci, and every other thing you can think of. Soon to go back under the knife for some new stuff. Just pm me if you ever need some help on the hp tunner how to.
Old 10-25-2005, 06:39 PM
TECH Regular

Default Tune

Originally Posted by strokedls1
I tune lots of cars. If you are local I could swing by and help you out with the tune. I am familar with hp tunner and ls1edit. I also have a wideband o2 for wot tuning. If your interested I don't charge anything if you have your own cable and I can explain how the tuning stuff works. Just pm me. -jason

Wow i need a friend like you strokedls1 i live in the longbeach area i been messing with my tuner but i think i need a lap top to do the WOT tune and soby to go over it with me.

Last edited by slagger; 10-25-2005 at 06:46 PM. Reason: update
Old 10-25-2005, 08:19 PM
TECH Apprentice

I can vouch for Jason (strokedls1) he knows his stuff.
Old 10-26-2005, 02:22 AM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by slagger
Wow i need a friend like you strokedls1 i live in the longbeach area i been messing with my tuner but i think i need a lap top to do the WOT tune and soby to go over it with me.
If you want to go over your tune sometime hit me up. Long beach isn't to far out. You could bring it by sometime to play with the tune.
Old 10-26-2005, 09:23 AM
Suspended Sponsor

Hello all,
Just wanted to throw our name out there for you all to look into, We specialize in LS* and LT* engines, we have a fully tooled IN-HOUSE maching shop, DynoJet 224 XLC Chassis dyno with the load control (great for boosted applications) and all together we have over 20 years experience with everything from Indy cars to EFI street cars under our belt. We can set you up with the best tune you can get anywhere and have bested just about everyone's tune we have seen here including a "race" tune from one of GM's tuners, John Heinrecy and we beat it by over 10 RWHP! This was a stock class ZO6 with stock intake and stock exhaust minus the cats and it made 380WHP! and it was tech inspected in a race just prior to us getting the car in the shop. Give us a try, you will not be dissapointed....

-Bryan Wolter (pres.)
Race-Prep Performance Engineering Inc.
www.race-prep.com