Western Members CA, AZ, NV, UT, CO, NM, HI

Verizon vs. T-Mobile

Search this Thread

Old 04-04-2005, 02:42 PM
TECH Apprentice

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Verizon vs. T-Mobile

For all you so cal cell phone users out there particularly IE area.. I am currently with Verizon wireless for my service provider but I am thinking of going over to T-Mobile so I can get some additional minutes for a lower price. Im just not sure how well the reception and service is with T Mobile compared to Verizon. I was told that T Mobile doesnt even know their own network (altho, that was said by a verizon salesman).

Anyways, how is coverage, dropped calls, service, etc. with T Mobile? compared to Verizon? Any opinions?
Old 04-04-2005, 02:57 PM
Teching In

i was with sprint then switch over to t-mobile because i wanted to use the n-gage phone.well i hated it,worst provider(dropped calls,no service a good many areas,awfull customer service,and yes they dont own the lines(cingular).this was last year i dont know if their service has improved since cingular and att merged or if they even use those line anymore.
Old 04-05-2005, 12:01 AM
Teching In

My bro and I both have t-mobile; Great service thus far over the past couple years with them. I am in SO CAL.

Check out amazon.com for a list about 20 free phones & 1000 anytime mins, free s&h all for 40 bucks a month.
Old 04-05-2005, 03:08 PM
TECH Resident

T-Mobile for over 6 years now(formally Voicestream)

It's true that both Cingular and T-Mobile share lines. They did that to help alleviate build out costs to have a US-Wide network. Sales people will always have something to say to bad mouth other providers.

I won't make a recommendation. But will at least say that all providers have their issues and dead zones. Choose whom you like in terms of pricing, minutes, and other reviewer's feedback. If you scour the web, all providers have issues.

Good luck.

Quick Reply: Verizon vs. T-Mobile