Western Members CA, AZ, NV, UT, CO, NM, HI

True Duals In Cali

Search this Thread

Old 05-18-2005 | 02:13 PM
SSU's Drunk Typing Whore

Default True Duals In Cali

I know there are people with true duals here in Cali, and it looks like I am probley going to get some tsp true duals soon. Since there are no pipes going out the rear, is that like basically asking to get pulled over? The last thing I want is some cop going over my car. I am thinking that I am going to be alright because I have an ORY now, and have not had any problems with cops yet . Has anyone actually here been pulled over for having duals in Cali?
Thanks
Old 05-18-2005 | 02:45 PM
Launching!

why couldn't you run pipes all the way back????
Old 05-18-2005 | 02:59 PM
SSU's Drunk Typing Whore

Thats another option, but I wanted to see if I can get away with just the duals and not have to run pipes out that back.
Old 05-18-2005 | 03:23 PM
TECH Fanatic

It is loud as hell and your neighbors will hate you. Me and two friends have all the configurations of true duals. I have side pipes with an h pipe, my friend has an x with dumps, and another has x all the way out. All of them are damn loud. I have not been pulled over, but both my friends have for modified exhaust. I get lucky since I almost never drive my bird (4k miles in 3 years). I would weld in some fake cats if you don't plan to run real ones.
Old 05-18-2005 | 03:47 PM
10 Second Club

Originally Posted by Lithium
I know there are people with true duals here in Cali, and it looks like I am probley going to get some tsp true duals soon. Since there are no pipes going out the rear, is that like basically asking to get pulled over? The last thing I want is some cop going over my car. I am thinking that I am going to be alright because I have an ORY now, and have not had any problems with cops yet . Has anyone actually here been pulled over for having duals in Cali?
Thanks
i have had drop outs and a trex cam in my SS for some time now and i have yet to be pulled over even though the car has no exhaust tips and it is loud as hell. also i have cats welded in the car but they are hollow so that if i do get pulled over i can show them i still have cats.
Old 05-18-2005 | 04:50 PM
TECH Apprentice

I refuse to comment on being pulled over by cops...dont wanna jinx anything...hopefully im not doing it right now either

I think depending on the area and the attitude of the cops around you has a lot do with things. I have been driving right next to a few coppers and they are all pretty cool with things. So I wouldnt say its exactly 'asking for a ticket or to be pulled over' just be careful tho.
Old 05-18-2005 | 04:57 PM
TECH Apprentice

Yeah I know a few people in this area that roll with true duals. I will be one of them shortly. I run an off road y with a cutout open all the time so it gets heard but I never get pulled over. I am still on stock manifolds though so I guess it prevents some rasp. Just do it. It's only money if you get pulled over right? Other than that, I have found that if you just chill and respectfully drive around even if by a cop, they just think it sounds nice. Just don't romp on it in broad daylight with loads of cars around and you will be fine from my experiences.

Last edited by MTN_Z; 05-18-2005 at 05:07 PM.
Old 05-18-2005 | 06:23 PM
SSU's Drunk Typing Whore

Originally Posted by LS1Adam
I refuse to comment on being pulled over by cops...dont wanna jinx anything...hopefully im not doing it right now either

I think depending on the area and the attitude of the cops around you has a lot do with things. I have been driving right next to a few coppers and they are all pretty cool with things. So I wouldnt say its exactly 'asking for a ticket or to be pulled over' just be careful tho.
Hey, when you moving down to San Clemente? The weather has never been so damn nice out here before
Old 05-18-2005 | 08:54 PM
TECH Apprentice

do you guys know of any guides for td's? cuz thats been on my mind....for near future mods...
Old 05-18-2005 | 09:38 PM
TECH Fanatic

i love mine. i have been pulled over many times for my hooker exhaust, but when i went to true duals i have yet to be pulled over. its been a year now. get'em and dont think twice.
Old 05-18-2005 | 10:36 PM
TECH Apprentice

Originally Posted by Lithium
Hey, when you moving down to San Clemente? The weather has never been so damn nice out here before
i'll probably be moving down around august-october. somewhere around there. I was just down this past weekend lookin at more apts. i'll probably be going w/ Pinnacle at Talega cuz of the garage for my car Really nice apts!! Im just waiting on my g/f to get everything straightened out w/ her school and job stuff. Im down there all the time hanging out..cant get enough of that place.
Old 05-19-2005 | 01:03 AM
On The Tree

TRUE DUALS got to love um..... i've gotten pulled over by a cop, speeding! was actually complimented my on the exhaust by the cop. your gonna loveee the sound... i always get thumbs up, and you actually intimidate people like a *****.. Got my exhaust done for $250 with the 1 chamber flows included.

Quick Reply: True Duals In Cali