Western Members CA, AZ, NV, UT, CO, NM, HI

New to the area (Central Coast CA)

Search this Thread

Old 11-22-2005, 07:47 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default New to the area (Central Coast CA)

Just moved to Santa Maria from Colorado Springs. Curious to know if there is anything going on in the central coast of CA. I'm looking for cruises, car shows, drags, clubs, anything that I can go chill and chat with some fellow car nuts.

Anyone know of anything?
Old 11-22-2005, 08:34 PM
Dan
11 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Welcome to the area..There is not a whole lot that goes on in this part of Cali..I know on Saturday Nights a few guys get together in the monkey wards parking lot to hang out & chit chat. I don't think many people go out this time of year though..I have not done the "Show Circuit" in a while but the shows start up again in April. If you want to hook up let me know.
Old 11-23-2005, 01:20 PM
Staging Lane

Im from santa maria also. Be warned the local cops are ******** and love giving tickets for everything.But Ive since moved south . There really isnt much to do up there. I visit there every couple of months to see the family. Ventura/LA/SB have more action
Old 11-23-2005, 05:25 PM
Teching In

Thanks for the welcome and the info. Also, thanks for confirming my thoughts that this place is dead. I'm really missing the weekly gathering in Colorado Springs. Every Saturday night (summer time) you would see hundreds of really nice cars gathering in a grocery store parking lot. I'm looking for something like that around here and can't find jack around here.

I'm not too worried about the cops around here because I don't do much to get in trouble. A little bit of speeding (10 over or so) on the 101 or 135 and that's just about the extent. Maybe the occasional hard tap on the throttle to show up a ricer.

Is there a weekly show or gathering even in SB? I'm willing to commute every so often if there is something worth it. SB or Ventura is about as far as I'm willing to go though.
Old 11-28-2005, 10:21 PM
Teching In

Welcome to the area! I live in San Luis Obispo, and a few buddies and I are actually starting a f-body club. I have a 99 ss, my buddy, a 98 ss, there is another 2000 ss, 96 z28, a some odd firehawk, so yeah we are just startin up, we cruise for a couple hours on thursday nights. and some cruises down to San Diego are in order, if you want to hang we would love to chill with you

Quick Reply: New to the area (Central Coast CA)