Search this Thread

Old 12-06-2005, 07:34 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

This is my new favorite thread!
Old 12-06-2005, 07:48 PM
FormerVendor

I WAS REFERING TO YOURE BUDDY NOT YOU.. the only reason i am even getting bent about the post is i gave him multiple chances to rectify the situation .he made several apointments with me and then decides to handle it like this so yes i am heated over the fact that some guy has problems for whatever reason ,then does not give the chance to rectify that issue .and then lies and says i shisted him that is bull i never got a dime and in fact paid for the dyno out of my own pocket.so you tell me would you be heated.
Originally Posted by Ed Blown Vert
Damn Rob, I don't even know you. All I did was state two facts. Nothing more. Now you imply I am a ******? I couldn't do business with a sponsor like this. Oh wait your not one.

It would be nice for you to sponsor Tech. :dunno:
Old 12-06-2005, 10:50 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by ROB55
I WAS REFERING TO YOURE BUDDY NOT YOU.. the only reason i am even getting bent about the post is i gave him multiple chances to rectify the situation .he made several apointments with me and then decides to handle it like this so yes i am heated over the fact that some guy has problems for whatever reason ,then does not give the chance to rectify that issue .and then lies and says i shisted him that is bull i never got a dime and in fact paid for the dyno out of my own pocket.so you tell me would you be heated.

Do you tune as good as you write? Apparently you stink at both. --Moron.
Old 12-06-2005, 10:56 PM
Teching In

Ntimid8r is my hero hahhahahaha
Old 12-07-2005, 12:05 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Sounds like Rob's just pissed because someone's badmouthing him without much proof. When I'm pissed, I could care less about how accurately I write.

I agree, these tuning threads and he-said she-said threads are hilarious.
Old 12-07-2005, 10:53 AM
TECH Apprentice

After a year and having the car tuned at two different places, I brought my camaro to Strictly Performance. Rob is the only one who ever tuned my car correctly. He got it running real smooth and strong and also got the shift points dead on. This is after I had it tuned at two other shops. Rob even got rid of the banging noise caused by the exhaust hitting when it shifted. Strictly did such a good job on my Camaro that I'm having Rob mod an older truck I just got.
Old 12-07-2005, 11:18 AM
TECH Fanatic

Who did it the first two times lol?
Old 12-07-2005, 08:52 PM
Dan
11 Second Club

Maybe this is why Jeff Creech has to come all the way from North Carolina to tune our cars
Old 12-07-2005, 09:23 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by Dan
Maybe this is why Jeff Creech has to come all the way from North Carolina to tune our cars
Even he has his critics. I remember them coming up when he came out last time.
Old 12-07-2005, 09:42 PM
FormerVendor

there will allways be something that can arrise from being a shop doing good business is the only thing you can do and treat your customers with respect and (((stand behind your work most importantly))))...over and over i have proven my loalty to the ls1 comunity ,and have been rewarded with 3 years of complaint free business,and will continue to do the same.
Old 12-07-2005, 10:58 PM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by ROB55
there will allways be something that can arrise from being a shop doing good business is the only thing you can do and treat your customers with respect and (((stand behind your work most importantly))))...over and over i have proven my loalty to the ls1 comunity ,and have been rewarded with 3 years of complaint free business,and will continue to do the same.
I for one can back up the fact that Rob treats his customers with respect. When I first got my SS back in January I was looking for a shop to install a true dual system w/headers. I happened to go by SP around 8pm at night. There were a couple of guys working in the shop and Rob wasn't one of them. They called up Rob and he came back to the shop after going home already just to discuss with me the possibility of what I wanted to have done do my car. At the time there was no guarantee that I was even going to hire SP to do the work. He showed me a few of the cars he was currently working on in the shop as well as discuss the plans I had for the car.

In turn I had Rob install the exahust system in the car. Since then I have purchased his h/c package. He installed a beefed up transmission for me. Redid the rear suspension. And tuned the car. After the transmission was installed the 3-4 clutch pack went (this was not due to the tune or anything SP did by the way). I called Rob up to see what could be done. He drove out to my house in La Canada and put my car up on a trailer and took it back to his shop to send the transmission back to the shop that built it up. This again was around 9pm at night.

The other shop fixed the error in the transmission and everything has been working great since. The first tune in the car wasn't 100% perfect. But I would have to say it was around 98% perfect. But shortly after the first tune I went by Rob's shop just to say hello and he tweeked a few things and it has been running great since.

Everytime I drop by his shop if I'm in the area just to say hello he always inquires about how the car is running. So his concern, respect and service is top notch. Not to mention how many times he has gone far out of his way to help me when I needed. I have also been witness to him helping out other customers of his. Rob in my experience is not someone who is just out to get your money. He is a great buisness man and in my opinion knows his work well and does stand behind and by it.

My experiences with his shop have been very good. To sum this all up, if my work ever quits sending me out of town I will be contracting his shop to install a 12 bolt rear, supercharger and forged bottom end. Others can say what they will, but I for one am someone who can say that SP does excellent work.
Old 12-08-2005, 12:36 AM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by vilkata
I for one can back up the fact that Rob treats his customers with respect. When I first got my SS back in January I was looking for a shop to install a true dual system w/headers. I happened to go by SP around 8pm at night. There were a couple of guys working in the shop and Rob wasn't one of them. They called up Rob and he came back to the shop after going home already just to discuss with me the possibility of what I wanted to have done do my car. At the time there was no guarantee that I was even going to hire SP to do the work. He showed me a few of the cars he was currently working on in the shop as well as discuss the plans I had for the car.

In turn I had Rob install the exahust system in the car. Since then I have purchased his h/c package. He installed a beefed up transmission for me. Redid the rear suspension. And tuned the car. After the transmission was installed the 3-4 clutch pack went (this was not due to the tune or anything SP did by the way). I called Rob up to see what could be done. He drove out to my house in La Canada and put my car up on a trailer and took it back to his shop to send the transmission back to the shop that built it up. This again was around 9pm at night.

The other shop fixed the error in the transmission and everything has been working great since. The first tune in the car wasn't 100% perfect. But I would have to say it was around 98% perfect. But shortly after the first tune I went by Rob's shop just to say hello and he tweeked a few things and it has been running great since.

Everytime I drop by his shop if I'm in the area just to say hello he always inquires about how the car is running. So his concern, respect and service is top notch. Not to mention how many times he has gone far out of his way to help me when I needed. I have also been witness to him helping out other customers of his. Rob in my experience is not someone who is just out to get your money. He is a great buisness man and in my opinion knows his work well and does stand behind and by it.

My experiences with his shop have been very good. To sum this all up, if my work ever quits sending me out of town I will be contracting his shop to install a 12 bolt rear, supercharger and forged bottom end. Others can say what they will, but I for one am someone who can say that SP does excellent work.

Thanks for the honesty here. Rob will know soon and when the funds become available when i'm bringing my SS over for a Head/Header install
Old 12-08-2005, 09:30 PM
On The Tree

I have a buddy with hp tunerz that will be more than happy to help you out with your tune. pm me and maybe we can tune it this weekend.
Old 12-08-2005, 09:39 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by n2o junkee
I have a buddy with hp tunerz that will be more than happy to help you out with your tune. pm me and maybe we can tune it this weekend.

Thanks for the offer but i've got to install the heads and headders first
Old 12-08-2005, 10:22 PM
TECH Fanatic

rob is a good guy. i had some issues with him in the past and he is more than willing to make every situation right. he is a stand up guy. there are going to be critics everywhere especially when you have a lot of business. i loved the bad *** procharged ss that he was working on a while back. that thing is sweet.