Western Members CA, AZ, NV, UT, CO, NM, HI

Failed smogg code p332

Search this Thread

Old 06-03-2006, 01:01 PM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Failed smogg code p332

What does it mean? Engine is running fine and the check engine lite is not on. There is no way I would have known I had a code.
Old 06-03-2006, 02:03 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 5 Likes on 2 Posts

Hey looked up the code for you thats the Knock Sensor circut.Maybe you ran some cheap gas to get by one time and got on it momentairly making to motor ping and you probably didnt even see the light come on it was so momentarily.After a drive cycle the PCM will shut the light off if no problem is detected.I did see though where water has accumulated around knock sensor in the valley under the intake.I myself would clear the code reset all the system readiness status by doing a drive cycle to set all the monitors and take it back for smog.I see you are from Fresno also LMK i have a scanner and and clear it for you and tell you how to do a drive cycle to set all the monitors and make sure they are set so you dont make a wasted trip to the smog station again PM if you need me to im in Fresno 3-4 days of the week i work in Lemoore
Old 06-03-2006, 03:45 PM
Staging Lane

I just borrowed a scanner from Autozone. Cleared the code, started the engine and no check engine light. Scanned pcm and the code came back before I even left the driveway.
Old 06-03-2006, 04:14 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 5 Likes on 2 Posts

HMMMM so are you sure your SES light is operational.Try it Key on engine off and make sure the bulb is good or someone didnt take it out.Because if the code came back that quick it should have thrown a light atleast.I take it if it came on that quick its not a pending code.And is a hard code and should have thrown a light

heres this if you wanna troubleshoot it

Old 06-03-2006, 04:44 PM
TECH Regular

Sometimes it takes 2 or 3 driving cycles to make a code set a light (different codes take different times to pop up).. so if you scan it the code will be in there but no light.

Sounds like it might be a wiring issue? Did you crunch the KS wires or unplug them when doing a intake manifold swap?
Old 06-03-2006, 05:29 PM
Staging Lane

Washed the engine three weeks ago and swapped to stock manifolds and stock cats for smog las week. I never had any visible codes until I found out today.
Old 06-06-2006, 08:43 PM
Teching In

I need some help here too.

Code P0332 came up last week and I search for it, says it comes from washing engine due to water, so I took the knock sensor #2 and change it, it was pretty rusty .... after driving a few miles SES light came back on ... did I maybe changed the wrong sensor? Which one is the number two sensor, front or back on the block? Stuppid me should have changed both at the same time.

Quick Reply: Failed smogg code p332