Western Members CA, AZ, NV, UT, CO, NM, HI

Weight Reduction Experiment

Search this Thread

Old 07-14-2006, 08:31 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Weight Reduction Experiment

I ran a 9.09(81.5mph) in the 1/8 mile yesterdy at Irwindale. It was my very first time to track (racing my car, six speed). My 60' time was 2.3. I have street tires(i wish I had some dough for some drag radials).I was disappointed with the numbers but hopefully i can fix the driver mod (me!!!) with some practice Anyways, I wanted to do an experiment and get rid of some weight in my car. So I started...this is what i removed...
1) sub box which included 2 10 inch subs, the box, and the amp was connected to the box, i weighed it as a whole=60lbs. yea it is heavy, just ask larry.he can back me up on that
2) i raced at a full tank last night so next time i will race at 1/4 tank. so thats about 10 gallons in difference. 1 gallon equals 10 pounds. yea i looked on the internet and saw that and i thought they were bsing. then i wieghed a half gallon of milk and it weighed 5 lbs, so i guess its right. so thats 10times 10= 100 lbs
3) my car washer fluid was all the way full. i dunno how much that is but ill say 5 pounds?= so lets take 5 i guess maybe even more.
4) i cleaned out all the crap in glvoe department and the middle console. overall i took out a lot of change, and ALOT OF misc. stuff, also a little ball , and a dust brush, shoes, cd's,etc,etc= 5 lbs at most i guess.
note: im not doing this to strip my car just to take out some weight that is unnecessary. i am not taking out the back seats or anything, I am jsut wanted to see how much weight i can reduce from race 1 (which was yesterday) and sunday at fontana that has a 1/4 mile.

so oveall i reduced the wieght of the car about 170 lbs give or take some.
Tomorrow I am going to weigh my car, he owns a recycling center and has a full body scale, so i will give u guys the full race weight tomorrow. just thought i would let u guys on some lil project i wanted to do
Old 07-14-2006, 08:39 PM
TECH Apprentice

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I guess it'll weigh 3465