Western Members CA, AZ, NV, UT, CO, NM, HI

Help or shop needed to finish header install

Search this Thread

Old 09-05-2006, 01:23 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Help or shop needed to finish header install

I need some one to finish my header and true dual install in the Los Angeles area. Car will not run due to the driver side header is not installed. Here are the details of my install.
https://ls1tech.com/forums/generation-iii-external-engine/570655-header-install-nightmare.html

Please someone help this is my daily driver and i have to catch the buss to work tomorow and to school until i can get this fixed. Also maybe someone can quote me on a price of what they think this might cost.
Old 09-05-2006, 02:00 AM
TECH Fanatic

Might be able to swing down tomorrow night. I have work till 6pm and need to drop some parts at a friends house. Email me through here if you need some help.
Old 09-05-2006, 02:26 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by strokedls1
Might be able to swing down tomorrow night. I have work till 6pm and need to drop some parts at a friends house. Email me through here if you need some help.
pm sent
Old 09-05-2006, 03:53 AM
TECH Fanatic

These things are a bitch to put in. I started mine sunday afternoon and I still havent got the passanger side manifold off. On top of that a god damn 10mm wrench fell into the motor mount and now I gotta raise the motor. It would have been worth 200-300 to have this **** done. I feel ya man I'm drivin an 83 chevy tommorow to school and I feel like ****. Best of luck to ya.
Old 09-05-2006, 04:20 AM
Banned

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Where are you located? I'm off tommorrow and have done an @ss load of these installs... PM and we'll see if we can get together...
Old 09-05-2006, 04:40 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by DEMONBIRD
Where are you located? I'm off tommorrow and have done an @ss load of these installs... PM and we'll see if we can get together...
pm sent
Old 09-05-2006, 04:42 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by james562
These things are a bitch to put in. I started mine sunday afternoon and I still havent got the passanger side manifold off. On top of that a god damn 10mm wrench fell into the motor mount and now I gotta raise the motor. It would have been worth 200-300 to have this **** done. I feel ya man I'm drivin an 83 chevy tommorow to school and I feel like ****. Best of luck to ya.
I know, if i would have known all this other **** would go wrong on top of the header not fitting i would have taken this to a shop and had them do it. I just wanted to do it because i thought it would be faster if i did it than wating on a shop to get arround to doing it. And now i have to take the bus anyway, dam.
Old 09-05-2006, 04:46 AM
Banned

Phone call made .
Old 09-05-2006, 09:38 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Replied in your main thread.
Old 09-05-2006, 01:22 PM
TECH Regular

Its not worth the 300 bucks ! When you fire that car up after all the cuts and knicks you'll see exactly what I mean.
Old 09-05-2006, 04:26 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Yea thats why i wanted to install this my self just to make it even better knowing that i did all the work on it. But im at a point now where i need a little help. thanks
Old 09-06-2006, 12:19 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Well first off i would like to give thanks to DEMONBIRD for coming out to help with the install this guy knows his ****. It took him one try and boom header was in and done in less than 15 min. Thanks allot he saved my life. Also like to thank strokedls1 for calling and coming out to make sure the install went ok. Now all i have to do is put coil pack on, steering linkage, o2 sensors, plug wires, and put the true dual set up on tomorrow. Thanks everyone on ls1.com for your guidence and advice.
Old 09-06-2006, 05:12 AM
Banned

Originally Posted by Long Beach
Well first off i would like to give thanks to DEMONBIRD for coming out to help with the install this guy knows his ****. It took him one try and boom header was in and done in less than 15 min. Thanks allot he saved my life.
I don't know that I saved your life (although the car was trying to fall on you ) but it was no biggie !

It would have been half of that 15 minutes if I hadn't been yacking and putting the gasket in upside down

I guess it was pretty quick though (from on the ground to header bolted in)... I should have milked the clock a little more so you wouldn't feel so bad

Anyways, it was nice meeting you and you better come to the car show on Saturday. Just let me know if you need any more help... With probably a hundred cars under my belt things tend to go a little smoother than for first timers !
Old 09-06-2006, 03:04 PM
TECH Addict

You da man DeamonBird!....
Old 09-07-2006, 03:38 PM
TECH Enthusiast

I just wanted to post that i finally got it all hooked up. And you guys were right, even though it was a pain it was worth it. kooks with true duals sounds incredable. Im still waiting on my magnaflow bullets to get here this weekend so i can have a muffler shop fab up my over axle setup. I have a question how much will magnaflow bullets quiet it down because now im worried about getting pulled over because its too loud. So what i was thinking is i could run two sets of magnaflow bullets in line on each side hoping this would quiet it down some but now too much. thanks
Old 09-07-2006, 04:06 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by Long Beach
I just wanted to post that i finally got it all hooked up. And you guys were right, even though it was a pain it was worth it. kooks with true duals sounds incredable. Im still waiting on my magnaflow bullets to get here this weekend so i can have a muffler shop fab up my over axle setup. I have a question how much will magnaflow bullets quiet it down because now im worried about getting pulled over because its too loud. So what i was thinking is i could run two sets of magnaflow bullets in line on each side hoping this would quiet it down some but now too much. thanks
Good to hear ! Did you buy the PS line or fix it?

You should only need the one Magnaflow on each side... They are known as a quieter muffler.

Worst case scenario you use one boxed Magnaflow on each side like we were talking about... Are you going to the show this Saturday?