Western Members CA, AZ, NV, UT, CO, NM, HI

emmissions in AZ

Search this Thread

Old 11-25-2007, 06:13 PM
11 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default emmissions in AZ

this is for anybody in AZ, but mostly people in tucson. I just picked up my 01 z28. I have some umi stuff on the way,a lid, and I want to get some pacesetters. I know I will need cats to pass the visual part. however I would like to get rid of the egr stuff? what all do I need, I'm sure I can get the egr codes programmed out. however I'm not to sure about the visual part, if and when they pop the hood. all of the cars I have ever owned have been obd1 so I'm not sure what they do other the scan the car and look under it for cats.

thanks
matt
Old 11-26-2007, 08:18 AM
TECH Apprentice

well unless tuscon is different then phoenix there will be no visual inspection. They will plug the OBD2 on the car into the computer turn it on... wait no codes, un plug and you will be on your way.
Old 11-26-2007, 12:24 PM
TECH Junkie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by matt3383
well unless tuscon is different then phoenix there will be no visual inspection. They will plug the OBD2 on the car into the computer turn it on... wait no codes, un plug and you will be on your way.
No visual inspection? FRIGGIN AWESOME!!!
Old 11-26-2007, 05:31 PM
High on diesel fumes

When I had my truck smogged they popped the hod but failed to notice the missing EGR and never once looked under it. I think they are supposed to do a visual but it seems like they are very lax about it.

Quick Reply: emmissions in AZ