Western Members CA, AZ, NV, UT, CO, NM, HI

Texas guy comin to SoCal...

Search this Thread

Old 11-28-2007, 10:45 PM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Texas guy comin to SoCal...

So here in a couple weeks, i'll be working for X amount of weeks/months somewhere around palm springs, abd planned on driving down my z28, so what im asking is, what do i need to look for as far as street legalness??
i have no cats, and blackouts on my car, will i be pulled over all the time? or is the strictness exaggerated??

thanks!!
Old 11-28-2007, 11:51 PM
On The Tree

first do you have Texas plates, meaning its registered in Texas?
If so then only Texas laws apply to your vehicle meaning that as soon as you cross state lines you dont need to pull over and modify your car to meet the new states vehicle code. Now it doesnt mean you can break speeding laws cause they are different in Texas, that doesnt apply.

Logically I would say that having no cats wont get you pulled over, cops arent that vigilant, plus on our cars in the stock location there is no way to see if the cats are there without popping the hood or pretty much jacking up the car.
That said I think the blackouts will get you pulled over, I personally would take them off.
I would say just drive normal and not like a bat outta hell and most cops wont harrass you. Good Luck
Old 11-29-2007, 08:09 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

As long as you're wearing your chaps and 10 gallon hat, you'll be fine.

Since you're only here temporarily and have TX plates, you won't get harassed about smog.
Old 11-29-2007, 01:42 PM
Launching!

Well, I'm from Texas/Louisiana and I don't think you'll have a problem. My car is registered in Louisiana, so, no SMOG for me! haha. (i have no cats now). Blackouts, are you talking for your taillights? even if your talking about window tint, my car before my t/a had 5% and 0% on it, (blacker than limo, lol),so no worries. where are you moving to in soCal?
Old 11-29-2007, 01:54 PM
TECH Regular

Full exhaust, no cats, LT's, ORY, Flowmaster. Have not been pulled over. At the most they followed me for a bit, but I think they liked the sound of my cam...
Old 11-29-2007, 02:26 PM
Banned

ME 2

Originally Posted by 2 FASST SS
Full exhaust, no cats, LT's, ORY, Flowmaster. Have not been pulled over. At the most they followed me for a bit, but I think they liked the sound of my cam...
Old 11-29-2007, 03:47 PM
Launching!

well thanks for all the info guys, but just got the word that i wont be given time to fly back to texas and drive back, so i'll just have a rental while im working down there, would love to check out the car scene though, possible car meets, and what-not...

Quick Reply: Texas guy comin to SoCal...