Western Members CA, AZ, NV, UT, CO, NM, HI

Tuning & CMS

Search this Thread

Old 03-30-2008, 05:06 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Tuning & CMS

first I know there is another thread, but personally I only got through about 5 pages before I was utterly disgusted.

Anyways, moving on I was able to get down south this past friday. So I went over to CMS and let Ryne tune my car. He first put in a new set of injectors that I had and then took the car for a street tune, for driveability. When he got back we put the car on the dyno. Ryne was very straight forward in telling me that his dyno was very low on numbers, but that it was very consistent and still allowed for the car to be tuned and loaded up. Ryne also went through some of the tuning he was doing will I was standing there. First, Ryne fixed the timing and then proceeded to fix the air/fuel ratio on the subsequent runs. He ran the car about 6-7 times on the dyno making sure that every thing was correct with the tune. After getting the tune all nailed down we ran my car with the cutouts open, which was pretty cool beacuse I had never heard my car with them open and outside of it( I dont let anyone drive my car)

The car runs super strong and pulls like crazy Thanks Ryne, Mike, and CJ. I had a great time shooting the shiot with you guys.

Oh and Ryne make sure you are using that safety equipment that a certain someone brought to you on friday. And just to let you know in general most food service business get shut down pretty quickly if found to be in violation of a health code. i.e. if someone were to say find rats in a certain meat and bread place, the health department could be called
Old 03-30-2008, 05:32 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Your original thread turned sour too.

Glad to hear everything went well.

You'll probably need to elaborate on that last paragraph since we're all curious.
Old 03-30-2008, 05:50 PM
11 Second Club

yeah whats up with that?
Old 03-30-2008, 06:04 PM
TECH Junkie

there's a lady that owns a deli across from CMS that's been calling the city on Ryne's dyno being too loud trying to shut him down...

that's what she gets for opening up a deli in an automotive area

no one else complains but her, and she's basically just causing a lot of crap for Ryne, because, well, mainly she's just a bitch...
Old 03-30-2008, 06:09 PM
On The Tree

thanks soul car looked great by the way.

that crazy biotch should have her head examined, especially since there is a smog dyno right next to Ryne's dyno. She obviously doesnt have a nice appreciation for american pushrod engines like we do!! And to think that she might get customers from CMS, hah, not anymore.

If I was living down their I might open up a hot dog cart and sit right next to Ryne's dyno just so I could keep a grin on my face. Might call it "Power Weiners" but I am open to other names.
Old 03-30-2008, 06:15 PM
TECH Junkie

Originally Posted by BeemerZ28

that crazy biotch should have her head examined, especially since there is a smog dyno right next to Ryne's dyno. She obviously doesnt have a nice appreciation for american pushrod engines like we do!! And to think that she might get customers from CMS, hah, not anymore.

If I was living down their I might open up a hot dog cart and sit right next to Ryne's dyno just so I could keep a grin on my face. Might call it "Power Weiners" but I am open to other names.
Your car looked good as well man... how those new injectors doing? I liked how the red set off under the hood

and yea, with the cutout open on the dyno it sounded pretty bitchen
Old 03-30-2008, 06:17 PM
TECH Regular

She's bitter cause her business is going down under
Old 03-30-2008, 10:01 PM
9 Second Club

good stuff beemer... good to see it finally done... i had a little mishap at the track today but hey went to the dyno weds. and pulled out 440 rw on motor...

i gotta see this car this week

congrats
Old 03-30-2008, 10:53 PM
LS1TECH Sponsor

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

your car is very clean, ran really nice with those 3.89 gears
Old 03-30-2008, 11:17 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by Ryne @ CMS
your car is very clean, ran really nice with those 3.89 gears
I am curious, what do you use to recalibrate the speedometer with the 3.89 gears? The reason I ask is that I just had H/C, headers, and Motive 3.90 gears installed out here in AZ(it was tuned on computer instead of the dyno because of the new gears). The speedometer was several mph off so I brought it back this weekend and they tried adjusting some parameters but said that the 3.90 gears are too new that the program doesn't have it as an option so they have to use other parameters to make things work(like tire size). The owner said he was going to check and see if there were any software updates yet, but wasn't sure how else to better calibrate it.
Old 03-31-2008, 12:21 AM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by BeemerZ28

I'd hope to God you'd be open to other names , that sounds like a bad gay **** movie....

I could see it now, they'd be in red, green, pink leather outfits, fighting straight people with their "swords". Yep, that's it, Mighty Fudgepacking Power Weiners.

Then again..... how sexy would it be if some hotty came up and ordered a "power weiner, extra mayo".
Old 03-31-2008, 03:12 PM
TECH Regular

Originally Posted by BigDaddyBry
I'd hope to God you'd be open to other names , that sounds like a bad gay **** movie....

I could see it now, they'd be in red, green, pink leather outfits, fighting straight people with their "swords". Yep, that's it, Mighty Fudgepacking Power Weiners.

Then again..... how sexy would it be if some hotty came up and ordered a "power weiner, extra mayo".
wow. That is all I have to say. wow. (sounds like a Matt Stone and Trey Parker movie...)
Old 03-31-2008, 03:31 PM
Launching!

Originally Posted by muscle96ss
I am curious, what do you use to recalibrate the speedometer with the 3.89 gears? The reason I ask is that I just had H/C, headers, and Motive 3.90 gears installed out here in AZ(it was tuned on computer instead of the dyno because of the new gears). The speedometer was several mph off so I brought it back this weekend and they tried adjusting some parameters but said that the 3.90 gears are too new that the program doesn't have it as an option so they have to use other parameters to make things work(like tire size). The owner said he was going to check and see if there were any software updates yet, but wasn't sure how else to better calibrate it.
There shouldnt be "options" in the tunning software... usually u just enter the tire size and gear ratio and it scales all the necessary table for you. Perhaps your tuner is not in the know haha
Old 03-31-2008, 03:49 PM
TECH Addict

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Soul TKR
there's a lady that owns a deli across from CMS that's been calling the city on Ryne's dyno being too loud trying to shut him down...

no one else complains but her, and she's basically just causing a lot of crap for Ryne, because, well, mainly she's just a bitch...
Old, Single, White female!! ... She isn't gonna get her wish. Her only chance I think would be with City Ordanence issues like doing that after 10 and people doing donuts in her parking lot.
Old 03-31-2008, 04:12 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by SnakesRslow
There shouldnt be "options" in the tunning software... usually u just enter the tire size and gear ratio and it scales all the necessary table for you. Perhaps your tuner is not in the know haha
The way the owner explained it to me was that there was a menu with different ratios to choose from. I am not sure if there are different programs that have different formats or not. In any event, my tuner is not a novice and I trust him more than most of the sponsors on the board here.
Old 03-31-2008, 04:14 PM
12 Second Club

Originally Posted by BigDaddyBry

I don't know how you come up with this crap, but holy **** is it hilarious!
Old 03-31-2008, 06:01 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by Soul TKR

what a fake bitch..she didnt say nothing when we grab a sandwhich last time ..and she knew damn well we where there for my friend's dyno tune cause she came out to hand us napkins while we glanced at the car..now i know better than to give that bitch business next time i go to cms
Old 03-31-2008, 06:04 PM
10 Second Club

lol, Kelli's Deli is getting slammed on LS1Tech lol
Old 03-31-2008, 06:32 PM
LS1TECH Sponsor

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

haha ha ha seriously
Old 03-31-2008, 07:43 PM
Staging Lane

Good meeting you BeemerZ28 last Friday at CMS! That CETA is a "keeper". You have got my respect for that exhaust system you designed.

I went to that diner to get coffee when I first got there, and it was closed. Couple of local comedians standing around yelled "Sykes", when they saw me yank on the door, which still had the "Open" sign on it. Funny. Now that I know what shes about, I'll hit Starbucks, right before the next time I visit.

Ryne, it was good meeting you and the guys in the shop. Very professional and knowledgeable group of young guys there. I will definitey be back. Next up is the "stealth" painted Fast intake combo we talked about. the car definitely seems "happier" with your tune also, no surging when in low gear. Still hav'nt put my foot in it yet...

Quick Reply: Tuning & CMS