someone should just go buy a lambo and we can settle this
Old 07-14-2008 | 02:08 AM
12 Second Club

Sorry just spent my last 200k on frilly tooth picks
Old 07-14-2008 | 02:10 AM
TECH Apprentice

Originally Posted by hlaalu
someone should just go buy a lambo and we can settle this
LOL how about we do a group buy or something for a better deal? lol We could however all pitch in and rent one for a day and well you know what would happen if that was the case
Old 07-14-2008 | 02:12 AM
TECH Apprentice

Originally Posted by Almostryan3
I launched my car from idle and pulled low 1.6 60's.... Stalled autos (in my experience) do not like to be stalled up much at all, maybe a few hundred over idle just to take out the slack in the drivetrain so it doesn't shock it as much but other than that basically right off idle. Says he launched at 2k meaning he stalled it up.
gotcha. I was under the impression that they love being stalled up high.....shows what I know
Old 07-14-2008 | 02:38 AM
12 Second Club

In my 100 or so passes on my stalled auto it pulled shittier times the higher I stalled it, and thats what all my friends have said with their cars as well, When you flash it it gets more momentum than when it is already spinning and and grabs I guess. Where as once you stomp it the inertia of it spinning up fast gets you going faster I guess. Hard to explain but yeah haha.
Old 07-14-2008 | 09:41 AM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by C5natie
Hahaha, hell yeah. Im not saying I wouldve beat him but it wouldve been an intresting race. I hope he crahes that ****.
About a year ago, I was in my friend's Cobra as a passenger and we stayed head to head with a Gallardo, that also had a passenger, until he began to brake because it seemed he had to exit and it was then that we obviously left him behind. This was on a roll because it was on the 10W. If he could keep up with it while having a supercharged '99 Cobra with 430rwhp/389rwtq then I'm pretty sure you could take him or at least be damn well close. No the passenger in the Gallardo was not obese and yes he was obviously trying to shake us. I kept looking over at the guy in the lambo while we were head to head... he seemed pretty pissed off and determined to leave us behind lol. The lambo didn't even have plates yet so it must have been at least an 07 since this did occur last year. All I'm saying is I know what I saw so I'm sure you would have had hope in at least beating the guy by a hair. This all started with the Gallardo guy cutting us off out of the blue followed by repeatedly revving at us.
Old 07-14-2008 | 10:03 AM
10 Second Club

Originally Posted by BAD-GTO
gotcha. I was under the impression that they love being stalled up high.....shows what I know
You were right before. The point of a stall is too bring up the rpm to where you'll launch it at a speed in which the motor will be producing more power. If you have a 3600 stall then the t/c will engage full power (1:1 ratio) to the trans. You want to launch as high as possible. All NHRA funny cars are auto, listen to them before the grenn light.

Anyway, my car was launched soft (tranny is stock, mt's will kill it) but 120mph would mean I'd be flirtting with high 10's if my gears were 4.10's but Im a 3.42 so, thats actually pretty good. I should have been right there with the lambo unless he wouldve gone 160+ then we start to get away but, I doubt it.
Old 07-14-2008 | 10:57 AM
TECH Junkie

Old 07-14-2008 | 11:08 AM
On The Tree

So your saying he was speeding for 2 miles? pedal to the metal? So the vette and lambo would have been way way over 150 right? I doubt he tried to "lose" him for 2 miles.
Dam man. Of course you have to create your own meaning to what I meant. Speeding does not have to mean that your going WOT for 2 miles. The Lambo and my friend were clearly not following the speed limit though as they dodged through traffic and were obviously going way faster than everyone else. So...yeah, they were speeding. Yeah, he'll probably get **** for racing with traffic, but it would be pretty hard for him to go 150 mph with the amount of traffic on the freeways he was going on. Not that there was an excessive amount, but there were enough cars. I guess for you speeding only means maxing out your car.

As for the Lambo trying to lose him, remember my friend was behind him, almost the whole time. He was keeping up as the Lambo went through traffic, passing people up. And by passing I don't mean signaling and being courteous. So yeah, it seemed as if the Lambo was trying to lose him.

Look, it may not have been the greatest test for either car since there was traffic and not open space. Had there been open space then yeah, maybe what everyone says about the Lambo taking Nate from a roll would be true. But that's not what happened. For what was presented, my friend kept up and did not get lost when the other guy tried to lose him. That's it. He's not even claiming he won.

Carlos
Old 07-14-2008 | 01:10 PM
12 Second Club

Well the traffic might also explain why the lambo didn't goo 100% then huh? Like I said I never said anything to the OP he originally came out and said he isn't even sure if he would have won he just wanted to try, but everyone else on here is like oh yeah you would of beat it or he was scared or blah blah. These new facts about traffic explain a lot. I don't think your friend "punked" the lambo.
Old 07-14-2008 | 01:18 PM
10 Second Club

Well the traffic might also explain why the lambo didn't goo 100% then huh? Like I said I never said anything to the OP he originally came out and said he isn't even sure if he would have won he just wanted to try, but everyone else on here is like oh yeah you would of beat it or he was scared or blah blah. These new facts about traffic explain a lot. I don't think your friend "punked" the lambo.
If a guy smaller than you wants to fight and you dont cause youre scared, you got punked! He thought he could intimidate us and he didnt want any when he saw we werent scared. He got punked. And trust me, unless he was willing to max out his car on a straight, he wasnt gonna take me out. He had a lot of chances to lose me is he was faster, there were enough straights but you know what, he didnt. He got punked, stop hating dude.
Old 07-14-2008 | 01:23 PM
10 Second Club

In my 100 or so passes on my stalled auto it pulled shittier times the higher I stalled it, and thats what all my friends have said with their cars as well, When you flash it it gets more momentum than when it is already spinning and and grabs I guess. Where as once you stomp it the inertia of it spinning up fast gets you going faster I guess. Hard to explain but yeah haha.
Dude, read a book on how torque converters work instead of your friends word. Lets see, my first pass was a flat stab at idle (no stall or burnout) and I ran a 12.00. Next I stall to 2000 and run 11.6. Hmmm, what do you know a STALL converter likes more STALL. I'll tell you what, you and me at Irwindale, you flat stab it and I'll stall too 2500, then we see who wins. Oh wait, youre in the 12 sec club, sorry.
Old 07-14-2008 | 01:29 PM
12 Second Club

My car went 7.0 at irwindale...
Old 07-14-2008 | 01:31 PM
12 Second Club

Every time I have flat stabbed of idle my car runs better 60'. As well as most other camaro owners I know. Most don't like being stalled much just a little above idle. This is also with a Yank SS4000.
Old 07-14-2008 | 01:37 PM
TECH Apprentice

Every time I have flat stabbed of idle my car runs better 60'. As well as most other camaro owners I know. Most don't like being stalled much just a little above idle. This is also with a Yank SS4000.
This was my experience as well when I had a TCI 3500. I always kept it at around 1200.
Old 07-14-2008 | 01:38 PM
12 Second Club

Originally Posted by 00SSLS1
This was my experience as well when I had a TCI 3500. I always kept it at around 1200.
Yeah I use to be at irwindale every week and everyone I saw with stalled camaros always netted the best short times with just off idle around 1k maybe a tad more.
Old 07-14-2008 | 01:43 PM
10 Second Club

I wanna see that! What gears you got?

Look, I dont wanna talk crap but I know from racing my car a few times and being around techs and guys who run their cars that you wanna leave the line hard. Keep in mind these are cammed and built cars. At Irwindale my first time I improved by almost 4/10's just by stalling a 1000 more than idle. C'mon man, thats what a tc is all about.
Old 07-14-2008 | 01:48 PM
12 Second Club

3.73 gears. 7.0@94 with a 1.4 60' launching off idle on a 150 shot. I have heard from a guy with a 5.70 mustang at irwindale and a 8.60 camaro (1/4) that have been racing their entire lives and have gone through many camaros that its best to leave just above idle or at idle (among many others that have tested it). TC love to be flashed not stalled up real high. And I've tried many different ways in my 100+ passes in the car and all my real good times were just above idle (1000-1200) Maybe your TC just doesn't flash real well.
Old 07-14-2008 | 01:53 PM
TECH Resident

my yank ss4000 also launches better when you dont stall it.
Old 07-14-2008 | 01:54 PM
10 Second Club

Sorry man, I call bullshit! A 7.0 is amost a 10sec car and youre running 12.2's?

Quick Reply: Just punked a Lambo!