Western Members CA, AZ, NV, UT, CO, NM, HI

need window help

Search this Thread

Old 07-16-2008 | 09:59 PM
Teching In

Default need window help

so i left my keys in my car and didnt have the spare any whre close. so i broke in to my own car by pulling the window out and un locking it. i raced it a few times after that and all of a sudden the windows slide front and back. when i step on the gas they fly back and when i step on the brake they fly forward. is there a fix to that or do i just need to get the whole assembly for the window(rails and all that bs)? car is a 93 z28 by the way.
Old 07-16-2008 | 10:23 PM
TECH Regular

i dont know what you mean about front/back/??
Old 07-16-2008 | 10:36 PM
Teching In

when i put my windows down they slide. they dont stay still (normal) they slide. if i stop fast they slidr forward and slam to the front of the door(on the inside of the door). if i stomp on the gas they slide back and hit the back of the door(on the inside of the door).
Old 07-16-2008 | 10:52 PM
TECH Fanatic

Take off your door panel and look inside. Forgot how many long *** bolts hold it in (5?), some tabs, but once you get it off, at least you can see what's fucked-up.

I don't know the names of the **** in there, but you got like this guide, a scissor-lift looking thing, gear. Maybe you just fucked-up something small and can bend it back or replace it.

But do yourself a favor and at least take off your door panel and get a look inside.
Old 07-16-2008 | 10:54 PM
TECH Regular

and quit racing or you'll break ur glass!
Old 07-16-2008 | 10:57 PM
Teching In

I did take of the door panel. theres this little thing on the back side of the door that slides up and down with the window and is supposed to stop it from sliding back and forth. It looks like it is a ribot so i dont really know if its fixable. do you think maybe if i take the whole thing out and drill the old ribot out i can put a new one in or would it be easyer to just get a whole new assembly?
Old 07-16-2008 | 10:59 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by m6ttop
and quit racing or you'll break ur glass!
good idea.

Quick Reply: need window help