Western Members CA, AZ, NV, UT, CO, NM, HI

Ebay Procharger kit

Search this Thread

Old 08-01-2008, 07:59 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I also got an inspection company that will send an inspector out they usually charge us 95 bucks I work for a extended service contract company. www.wisinspections.com
Old 08-01-2008, 08:04 AM
Teching In

Thanks everyone. He says he's working on paypal now. I'll search for a member that is in the same area as the seller and see they can to take a look at it for me for a small fee.
Old 08-01-2008, 08:07 AM
Teching In

Originally Posted by 99BlownSS
You could also tell him u would pay the 3% that paypal charges!!! I was reading on the force induction section of a guy that bought a kit on ebay and it was a scam!!! If you really want it fly out there cause its a good deal. I got mine for almost $6000
I would definitely pay the 3% from paypal. I know it is a great deal. It will be quite a few more months or years before I could afford the kit brand new.
Old 08-01-2008, 08:10 AM
Teching In

Originally Posted by myfast70
Well, if he really wants to sell it he should be willing to go to his "storage" and open the box and get you the serial number. After all, with a transaction that large you're not really asking for much. I would post over in the eastern section asking someone from New York to go check it out for you. It may end up costing you $50-100 but it will be money saved in the end if it's a raw deal. Even if he takes paypal you're not 100% covered.
If he does get paypal, how would he be able to screw me with that? I don't work with too many online transactions so I don't know their system all too well, but I thought they insured things and could take your money back from the person you gave it to if the deal goes bad.
Old 08-01-2008, 10:05 AM
10 Second Club

Originally Posted by TRBOTYZ
If he does get paypal, how would he be able to screw me with that? I don't work with too many online transactions so I don't know their system all too well, but I thought they insured things and could take your money back from the person you gave it to if the deal goes bad.

Normally, that's how it works, but it's still not gauranteed. I got hosed by a fellow member here on ls1tech and went thru paypal and they said that it didn't meet their refund criteria. I bought a carb that was suppose to be in working condition and what showed up was a pile of ****. Cost me over $200 to have the carb gone thru. Metering blocks were trash like they've been dropped on the ground a lot, throttle linkage was bent, vent was bent and distored and paypal wouldn't do a ******* thing. I never rely on them 100%. They got their money and that's all they care about.

Just be wise about your purchase. Have someone on here look at it for you first if possible. Ask for specific pics. When he takes the pics, have him place a paper in the shot that has your name or something written on the paper so you know the pics are real and he actually has the parts.
Old 08-01-2008, 11:38 AM
Staging Lane

I just got a part for my buddy and it was bad did not fit and it broke. I filled a claim it took a long time but got my money back!!!! also i sold something on ebay and it was defective and they did not talk to me they just went thru paypal and they just took the money from my account!!!!!
Old 08-01-2008, 11:47 AM
Teching In

I def. wouldn't do it..unless he has paypal acct set up..
Old 08-01-2008, 11:51 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

And it needs to be the right type of Paypal account, with Buyer Protection and all that jazz.
Old 08-01-2008, 09:13 PM
Teching In

He's talking about faxing me a bill of sale with his driver's license info/picture and his signature as a legally binding contract. Isn't that pretty safe? I would think that's like a rental agreement and you can win your case if need be in court, no? I think he's trying to hard for a scammer. He could have just reposted it and moved on to the next sucker. I'm just trying to be optimistic, because I would sure love to have a supercharger on my car.
Old 08-01-2008, 09:21 PM
11 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Goodluck:

If you do need to take him to court are you willing to fly out there and do it? Even if you win what says you will ever collect it.

If he is so willing to do what you said why in heavens sake woudln't he just open a paypal account. My God it takes only minutes to open one and a few days to become verified.

I would put my money on it that you will be out the money.

Also you ask " why would he work so hard if he was trying to scam me " Easy you may be the only one givin him time or day, that easy.

Listed to everyone on here unless you want to blow your money.
Old 08-01-2008, 09:23 PM
Staging Lane

By the time you go to court think of all the money you spend time and then not to get the blower that would suck!!!:co nfused:
Old 08-02-2008, 10:50 PM
Staging Lane

Fishy. Most sellers would leave negative or nuetral feedback for the winning bidder that didn't pay but he has not done that. Definitely get a NY member to go check it out.
Old 08-03-2008, 12:29 AM
Teching In

I'm going to talk to the legal folks on base Monday, hopefully, and I have a friend with the internet crime division at the sheriffs office who is going to look into it for me. There are some definite signs that send off the scam radar in my head, but then again, it seems like he's really trying to make it happen. He said he has applied for the sheriffs dept in NY and is taking the physical fitness test soon.
Old 08-04-2008, 03:31 PM
Teching In

Default Anybody seen these pics?

He sent me some pictures. Has anybody seen them (in somebody elses for sale post or on company pages)?
Attached Thumbnails Ebay Procharger kit-pro1.jpg   Ebay Procharger kit-pro2.jpg   Ebay Procharger kit-pro3.jpg  
Old 08-04-2008, 10:05 PM
Teching In

He sent me some pictures. Has anybody seen them (in somebody elses for sale post or on company pages)?
ask him to write his ebay screen name on a piece of paper right next to the product...that way u know whether he has it in his possession or not!
Old 08-04-2008, 10:47 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by WS697RamAir
ask him to write his ebay screen name on a piece of paper right next to the product...that way u know whether he has it in his possession or not!
I told him I'm not doing it unless he wants to try COD. After a lot of input and thought I finally convinced myself it would be better to pay a little more and be sure than to possibly be out $2400 and have to wait a lot longer to save up the money.

Thanks again everyone for your input and help. Now I hope he was a scammer.
Old 08-09-2008, 01:33 PM
Launching!

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/LS1-A...spagenameZWDVW

Looks like he re-listed it and accepts paypal now.
Old 08-09-2008, 03:08 PM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by zfastss
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/LS1-A...spagenameZWDVW

Looks like he re-listed it and accepts paypal now.

look, in the pictures the intercoolers are different. look at the inlet and outlets.
Old 08-10-2008, 02:22 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by hlaalu
look, in the pictures the intercoolers are different. look at the inlet and outlets.
There is one for each side so they (inlet/outlet) are going to be located in different places.

Well at least he offers paypal, and for whoever ends up paying for it's sake, I hope he's legit. That's a lot of money to just lose.

Totally off topic, out of the 12 bids, what is up with the bidders that just have a letter, 3*'s and then a last letter? I see that a lot. Are they real bidders or are they just driving the price up?
Old 08-10-2008, 02:34 PM
TECH Addict

look closer, on the pics he gave you one is the side, and one is on top, for both. in the ebay pics, both intercoolers have the inlets/outlets on the sides. anyone else see what i mean?

Quick Reply: Ebay Procharger kit