What is it Worth? Use this forum to get feedback on vehicle prices - for selling or buying

85 ss monte straight!!!

Search this Thread

Old 11-06-2008, 04:21 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default 85 ss monte straight!!!

ok, i am giving up on my monte project. I am wanting to buy another house next year and me sinking a bunch of money into this thing is not smart. This is an 85 ss monte. odo shows 46k im sure its 146. This car has the straightest body of any g body ive seen around here in a long time. I live next to a bodyman and hes told me he NEVER sees these cars in this good of shape. The car does NEED paint, badly. Its got bad oxidation and is the only reason i dont drive it all the time, dont want to add insult to injury. It has the original 305 in it and it does smoke when you first start it. I put a whole new ac unit in it and everything inside the car works. Power windows, stock radio +tape, cig lighter, even the factory clock. It has rear defrost that works as well. The only spot on the whole car is on the driver side quarter,. it looks like something slammed into the inside of the trunk and made a few dents toward the outside. Im talking these are the size of a rock chip, too little to photograph. I have no idea what it was. The car runs and drive great, and i put a custom 12 bolt rear in it. The rear has an auburn pro posi and yukon 3.73 gears. I was gonna build a nice 350 to put in it and drive. oh well i can go on forever about details but yall dont wanna read all that, heres a few pics. I was thiking of asking 4k. I feel if i got it painted i could ask for more. Its not like it needs bodywork, it just needs refinished. what do yall think? The last one is a crappy pic i took with my phone a while back, it kind of shows the whole thing. i didnt feel like pulling the wifes suv out to take another shot since its dark right now.

thanks

[IMG][/IMG]
[IMG][/IMG]
[IMG][/IMG]

Last edited by redbandit98; 11-06-2008 at 10:12 PM.
Old 11-06-2008, 06:43 PM
TECH Fanatic

any old schoolers care to tell me what you would pay for it?
Old 11-06-2008, 06:55 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I think it would be an easy sell for someone looking for a Monte, I have seen good bodies only with stock rears go for 1200 easy. That car having a 12 bolt already in it makes it even more desirable for someone wanting to build it for a street car. I figure add in the rear to what the car is worth makes it little over 3000 then the fact everything works on it. I think 4000 is reasonable paint is cheap as long as all the weather striping is good.
Old 11-06-2008, 09:44 PM
TECH Fanatic

yes, all the weather striping is fine. I guess I will try to get 4k out of it then. I just wanted a few more opinions. I dont really know what the street value of these things are.
Old 11-15-2008, 11:38 PM
11 Second Club

3-4k is a good ballpark..

Quick Reply: 85 ss monte straight!!!