What is it Worth? Use this forum to get feedback on vehicle prices - for selling or buying
View Poll Results: Should I keep the car or sell it?
Sell Car!
50.00%
Keep Car!
50.00%
Voters: 4. You may not vote on this poll

98 Camaro SS

Search this Thread

Old 08-17-2010, 03:55 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 98 Camaro SS

Thinking about selling my 98 Camaro SS. The motor suffered catastrophic failure about year ago, and I haven't been able to come up with spare funds to rebuild or replace.

I'm not 100% sure whats wrong with it, but when I pulled the dipstick out it was all bent and mangled like it was ran through a meat grinder.

The rest of the car is in perfect condition. The paint is still really nice. No dents or dings on the car. It has aftermarket headlights & fog lights. And brand new tires. (Had them put on the day the car broke down.)

The interior is in good condition, leather seats, 12 disc changer.

It has hooker headers on it, as well as the usual slp air intake parts.

Just trying to figure if a non-running car would even be worth selling in the first place, or if I should just hold on to it until I can fix it.

Thanks for any input!
Old 08-18-2010, 09:04 AM
TECH Junkie

Received 442 Likes on 319 Posts

I voted to keep it and here's why. Even though I doubt the car is perfect (your words) I feel from your description that you would like to have the car in your future. I have no idea what a properly rebuilt or new crate LS1 engine would cost but if the answer is $5,000 or less then I would save up for that. You would have an incredible running '98 SS which you would love. You certainly could not buy an equivalent example car for $5,000 or less. Be patient if you can keep the car in a safe, environmentally sound location until that time. You'll get next to nothing selling it but it all depends on YOU and your feelings alone. Good luck with whichever course you choose.
Old 08-20-2010, 09:51 AM
11 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

what color?
Old 08-20-2010, 10:00 AM
Teching In

Thanks for your input nc01ta. I am rather partial to the car as anyone could understand.

And it's black.
Old 08-20-2010, 10:13 AM
TECH Fanatic

I would keep it, you wont get anything for it without a working motor. Now is the time to build it up.