What is it Worth? Use this forum to get feedback on vehicle prices - for selling or buying

1999 Trans Am

Search this Thread

Old 03-03-2011, 02:31 AM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 1999 Trans Am

As title says, looking at a 99 T/A. looks stock. description listed as:

For Sale 1999 Pontiac Trans Am LS1/T-56 6 Speed NBM w/ Graphite Interior 152,500 miles, Salvage Title. Upgraded 01'-02' Ram Air 17" wheels, nice interior, hood has some flaws in the paint and the rear bumper as well.

He's asking 7,000. I know this is way to high. kbb puts it around 5,1 for good condition. What I'm not sure about is the salvaged title. It's making me hesitant. Anybody have any input? price ranges they'd be willing to pay, assuming the salvaged title doesn't mean something big is messed up.
Old 03-04-2011, 09:45 AM
TECH Junkie

Received 439 Likes on 317 Posts

Take a look at some of the past 'salvage title' issues discussed here. (That KBB value is for a clean title car!) It will open your eyes to the colossal rip-off this seller is trying to pull. That car is basically 'worthless' to many, nothing but a potential money pit. I wouldn't buy it for $1,000 with that mileage and bad title. Maybe if I owned a salvage yard or was adept at selling parts. Do your homework on buying LS1 F-bodies. You can get a decent clean title car for $7,000 and it will have much less mileage. Post here for help and opinions. You were smart to ask on this one. Don't even think about it.

Quick Reply: 1999 Trans Am