What is it Worth? Use this forum to get feedback on vehicle prices - for selling or buying

97 Z28 mostly stock with replacement engine

Search this Thread

Old 07-20-2011, 04:55 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default 97 Z28 mostly stock with replacement engine

I recently picked up a 97 z28 with the intention of flipping it for profit. Its black in color, 6 speed, dark gray leather and t-tops. No major dents or scratches on the body, no rust on the underside. The interior will clean up nice, no tears or rips. The body of the car is pushing 153000 miles and I just put in a very clean and well taken care of LT1 with 65k miles on it. Only mod to the engine is a Comp Cams 306 Cam and ECU tuned to support the cam. Fresh Brakes will be installed and will have a full detail done to it. Possibly be throwing in a used set of c5 wheels machined face with black vents if the buyer is interested. Clean title in my name sitting in the safe.

Book value of the car was close to 5000 and with the new engine I was hoping for closer to 5500-6000. What's a realistic number to ask for this vehicle?

Thanks in advance!
Old 07-20-2011, 07:10 PM
TECH Junkie

Received 443 Likes on 320 Posts

Good luck with 'flipping it'. You would be very fortunate to see $5,000. Although the engine sounds nice you are talking an LT1 car with BIG miles overall on everything else. You are competing with LS1 owners that are having trouble getting $6,000+ in some instances for their rides.
Old 07-20-2011, 10:19 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I was afraid of that haha. Any tips on where to advertise besides craigslist? I've had good luck on CL but this might get more hits on another site or something.
Old 07-21-2011, 09:57 AM
TECH Junkie

Received 443 Likes on 320 Posts

Ebay is almost a waste of time nowadays plus they charge $125 if you sell the car. Even if the deal doesn't go through, good luck getting your $125 back. It most likely won't happen. I've been using www.autotrader.com recently and it would expose your car to many potential buyers if priced right. I use the $30 ad that gives you 8 weeks and about 9 photos with unlimited text. No charge if you sell the car. I sold a $19,000 '94 Jaguar for my neighbor on there but did NOT sell an '87 Grand National with them over the past few months, so I'm 1 for 2 so far with Autotrader this year. Higher end classifieds won't work for you for this type car so CL is OK if you can weed out the bad e/mails and scammers. Just be on your toes. Good luck!

Quick Reply: 97 Z28 mostly stock with replacement engine