What is it Worth? Use this forum to get feedback on vehicle prices - for selling or buying

1998 Z28 - 6spd - Cayenne Red

Search this Thread

Old 07-28-2011, 02:31 AM
TECH Resident

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default 1998 Z28 - 6spd - Cayenne Red

I'm really thinking about selling my Z28. I'm just sick of camaro's and want something new.

1998, 6spd,tan leather. 138k miles, tinted windows, all power options.

slp lid/longtube headers/ory/dynomax bullet dumped - all stock besides this

car has had a new rack and pinion and spec 1 clutch installed since i purchased the car about a year and a half ago. also new rotors/pads up front.

here's a few pics:

These pics are a little old, since then i've added tinted windows/shorty antenna appearance wise.

As far as the condition of the car. It is amazing for the year. The car drives and stops straight and rides better than my 2000 z28 with 60k miles. It runs strong and sounds really good. Paint is really good on the sides, small chips on hood and a pretty good size nick on the rear bumper where i believe someone dropped a t-top.

The only things wrong with it are little: Funny acting oil pressure/temp gauges, ebrake needs adjustment, and i have a small vacuum leak somewhere that i have yet to find. Doesn't effect driveability once the car is started. What do you guys thing i should list it at?
Old 07-28-2011, 02:37 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by slikrider20
I'm really thinking about selling my Z28. I'm just sick of camaro's and want something new.

1998, 6spd,tan leather. 138k miles, tinted windows, all power options.

slp lid/longtube headers/ory/dynomax bullet dumped - all stock besides this

car has had a new rack and pinion and spec 1 clutch installed since i purchased the car about a year and a half ago. also new rotors/pads up front.

here's a few pics:

These pics are a little old, since then i've added tinted windows/shorty antenna appearance wise.

As far as the condition of the car. It is amazing for the year. The car drives and stops straight and rides better than my 2000 z28 with 60k miles. It runs strong and sounds really good. Paint is really good on the sides, small chips on hood and a pretty good size nick on the rear bumper where i believe someone dropped a t-top.

The only things wrong with it are little: Funny acting oil pressure/temp gauges, ebrake needs adjustment, and i have a small vacuum leak somewhere that i have yet to find. Doesn't effect driveability once the car is started. What do you guys thing i should list it at?
I'd say fix those funny acting gauges and parking brake before selling it. If it were an auto, I'd say don't worry about the parking brake, but it needs to be working 100% since its a six speed.

Around in my neck of the woods I'd list it for $6900 and take no less than $6500. People are not going to buy it with the oil pressure gauge acting funny, PERIOD.
Old 07-28-2011, 02:41 AM
TECH Resident

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Can you edit your post and not quote mine? Lol i hate looking through the pics twice. But anyways, i'd definitely like to fix the little things wrong with it. I've posted threads about the gauges but i really don't know where to start. They've been this way since i bought the car.