What is it Worth? Use this forum to get feedback on vehicle prices - for selling or buying

Should I buy this

Search this Thread

Old 08-08-2011, 12:24 AM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Should I buy this

I found an 01 ss camaro cloth, t tops, red... 1 owner car. BUT it's an auto. Has 112k and I talked them down to 7250. Should I jump on this deal?? Car is in nearly perfect shape. Rear bumper has some cracking paint, but barely noticeable. And the struts in the hatch need replaced.

Please reply asap on your thoughts of the ss, I plan to buy it tomorrow morning
Old 08-08-2011, 01:40 AM
11 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I agree with the guys in the other thread. 7200 is pretty high. My 99 SS M6 is pretty flawless, t-topped, with 145k and I picked it up for 5,700.
Old 08-08-2011, 06:51 AM
TECH Junkie

Received 442 Likes on 319 Posts

First off, the car is not perfect with that kind of mileage. Take your 'blinders' off and settle your emotions down. DON"T RUSH!! The economy just tanked this past week and no one is rushing out with cash to buy cars.
Look carefully at this car and see what it needs, from tires, to brakes, to fluid changes. If a one owner car, and the Carfax verifies this, the owner should have some nice paperwork to document the history of the car, especially the beginning years. If everything checks out OK with nothing major needed, then bring that cash and peel off $7,000. You should be the owner tonight if the car is one of the nicer ones that have not been abused. The price is fair but expect repairs in the not too distant future with that mileage. Things just start breaking down after 100k miles, from a/c units to brake issues, you name it. Good luck!!