What is it Worth? Use this forum to get feedback on vehicle prices - for selling or buying

Whats It Worth....

Search this Thread

Old 08-26-2011, 10:38 PM
TECH Addict

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Whats It Worth....

A friend of mine was coming back from a camping trip and found an LS1 Z28 Camaro roller. No hood, no front bumper cover, drivers side front fender is broken, and the front is all bent and chopped up. Its also a hardtop car. The interior is complete and either graphite, or ebony. The seats are cloth, but seem to be in really good shape. The door panels are cloth, but also in great shape. Has the auto center console

I was considering buying it and swapping all of the interior into my car so I can finally loose the wore out tan interior. And then parting out the rest of the car to get my money back out of it. To me it looks like the guy bought a wrecked car to pull the motor and tranny out and swap it into something else. They left the exhaust and k member, but cut the **** out of the radiator support and anything else up front.

The wheels are the 16" snowflake wheels and the tires are shot. I don't know how many miles are on the body, but its looks really clean and well taken care of.

So whats it worth??

And sorry if its in the wrong section, but I found it fitting, since it will get me some upgrades
Old 08-26-2011, 10:42 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I wouldn't pay more than a grand for it and if you parted it you'd make the money back, if not a little extra for other goodies.
Old 08-26-2011, 11:08 PM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by Conrad
I wouldn't pay more than a grand for it and if you parted it you'd make the money back, if not a little extra for other goodies.
I was thinking around $500, $750 at the very most, but around $500 is what I'm wanting to spend. But getting to upgrade my dash and everything with an interior thats absolutely mint, may be worth more I guess.

I guess I just wanted to see if I was inline before I made a lowball offer. But to most people the car isn't worth anything. The tub may be really nice, but the front being all screwed up makes it not worth as much IMO
Old 08-27-2011, 12:10 PM
On The Tree

$500 sounds right. He may just be looking to get rid of it. Offer him $350, which is more than the scrap yard would give him for it and work up from there.
Old 08-27-2011, 04:37 PM
TECH Addict

I assume it doesn't have the engine/tranny because you said he hacked up the front getting it out? If so I would say between 4-6 hundred. But if your pulling the whole interior out, and the front end is hacked up and or missing then I wouldn't expect to get a whole lot from parting it out since there really wouldn't be a whole lot left.