What is it Worth? Use this forum to get feedback on vehicle prices - for selling or buying

01 Som Z28

Search this Thread

Old 11-13-2011, 06:21 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 01 Som Z28

I have a 01 SOM z28 6 speed. Its got 106000 miles. Stock snow flake wheels, t-tops, BBK headers, duals, lid, lcas, lca relocation, and mgw shifter. Paint is 8/10 and interior is 9/10. It does need tires and a tune to remove the check engine light because of no cats.

I know what blue book is but what is it really worth.This car is hard to find and runs very strong. Its purely a weekend car and I don't have to sell it. What should I ask for it?
Old 11-14-2011, 09:50 AM
TECH Junkie

Received 443 Likes on 320 Posts

While the color and 6 speed is quite desirable to many, there are negatives to the car starting with the 100,000+ miles. Needing things, like tires, is also going to impact the price. Not having 'cats' is also a negative and may limit you to a TN sale only. You didn't mention if the title and Carfax are clean. How many owners?? Well maintained with all fluid changes? I would say www.kbb.com is indeed your correct asking price. Private party and in 'fair' condition too. Sorry, I know it isn't what you wanted to hear.
Since you do not need to sell it, enjoy it!
Old 11-14-2011, 11:12 AM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Thanks for the response!!!

The car is very well maintained and is in great mech. condition. Its only a weekend car so I get lots of time to tinker. The history is Clean and I believe im the third owner but not 100%.

I was only asking because I see these cars for sale that are not even close to the shape my car is in and they still seem to go for 7-9k. The 9k is was struck my interest lol.
Old 11-14-2011, 06:04 PM
TECH Junkie

Received 443 Likes on 320 Posts

I don't blame you. $9,000 is a slight possibility, just don't expect it. Don't rule it out completely either. There might be someone near you in TN that would love the car 'as is' and doen't have a problem with the exhaust situation. It never hurts to try, right?