What is it Worth? Use this forum to get feedback on vehicle prices - for selling or buying

1998 136k Salvaged Title SS

Search this Thread

Old 11-17-2011, 07:59 PM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 1998 136k Salvaged Title SS

Okay the car is red and I don't know exactly how much damage is on the car but I was told it wasn't a major accident they guy knew the adjuster one of those deals. It's a very nice car but in certain light you can see dark spots on the areas were it was hit I guess because that's where the body work was done clearly. Okay it has a 6 speed with a spec stage 2, pro 5.0 and idk how many miles feels pretty good though but sometimes dosent down shift from 6 to 5 and a 3.5" aluminum drive shaft. Has a ls1 with 22k now that I got from a friend. Head gaskets are leaking though(I explain later). Has spohn adjustable delsphere bushing lca's, 1" rear sway bar with heavy duty u blot assembly with maybe 650 miles I bought that new. I bought a used spohn adjustable T/A good shape I put 650 miles on it also. The car has Afco Mad Man fully double adjusable shocks with 275lb spring. The rear is moser 12 bolt with 4:56's and a spool. I have 3:73's and a posi carrier also, 1330 yolk c clip eliminators and the thick aluminum moser cover. The interior is plain the dash is nice but there is a small crack on the plastic panel behind that. I took the rear seats out and just took the carpet out and tried to make my own home depot light weight carpet special lol....... Didn't do such a good job. The seats are ripped slightly and the door panels are in decent shape nothing is spectacular. They wheels are race stars with maybe 3-400 miles 15x10 in the back with 275/60 15's and the fronts are 15x3.75 with nexen 165/80r15's I bought everything brand new here. It has a full nitrous kit an nos 05169 90mm wet plate kit. It has a purge, digital msd window switch, nos fpss, NX bottle heater which is fully automatic turn it on and I installed a bottle pressure safety switch so it automatically turns of the bottle heater at about 950psi. The motor has stock heads, kooks 1-3/4" headers into a kooks catted y pipe, and a fast 90/ NW 90mm throttle body. I'm just curious what I could get for the car if I sold it as is. It's rough for a daily for some buy I would drive it every day if I could. But with my job I only take it out on the week ends and nice days. It sits in my garage for the past couple months since I bought it, and btw I bought it as a bone stock car. So I put the nitrous on it and it maybe has 2-3 bottle through it on only a 100 shot. I went to a track rental a week ago ran best of 12.37 at 112 on motor and 11.80 on the 100 shot at 114 letting off. The next day the alternator died and while I was changing it I noticed antifreez leaking. The car shows no signs of blown head gaskets but I know it's comming just a matter of time. I put a lot of money into this car not looking for sympathy lol just curious what you guys think I will get pics up soon. I know it's just head gaskets no big deal just after dumping all my money into the car it's got me thinking.
Old 11-18-2011, 10:11 AM
TECH Junkie

Received 539 Likes on 386 Posts

You deserve at least one response just for the time you took writing this post. The news is not good though. This car has almost no value. A salvaged title 13-14 year old used car that has been beaten and tracked with nitrous is worth next to nothing. Leaks, dead parts, yikes!! Would someone give you a couple grand for it?? Maybe for parts, but don't hold your breath. I hope you don't have too much $$ into it. Best of luck!